kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I prefer Avalon / Avalonis to MayaHD.

If your favourite skin doesn't support MP 1.3 then I wouldn't upgrade to a potentially unstable release that you can't even run your desired skin with.

I'd wait until Titan skin is released before upgrading to >MP1.2.

dlarge500

Extension Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2009
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MayaHD is not unstable, the problem is the installer MPEI. This installer has problems from time to time to install the fonts so this error. This has been corrected by a restart of anyway should be done after that.;)

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm not sure if my error related to fonts, as I had a previous installation of MayaHD (unless they changed the fonts that are used)

dlarge500

Extension Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2009
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    this is the error and he comes from the installation issue in the mpei installer.

Code:
    2012-07-18 17:43:36.630991 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: D3D: InitializeDeviceObjects - Exception: Error in the application.
    -2147024882 (E_OUTOFMEMORY)
      at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Font..ctor(Device device, Font font)
      at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIFont.InitializeDeviceObjects()
      at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIFontManager.InitializeDeviceObjects()
      at MediaPortalApp.InitializeDeviceObjects()
      at MediaPortal.D3DApp.InitializeEnvironment()

If the MayaHD SkinSettings are installed, we will change to an installer like Avalon.

Last edited:

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    In MayaHD for 1.3.0 Alpha, I can't enter the Music section and have it working. All I see is the side menu shown, but clicking items does nothing. If I switch to another compatible skin like Reflex, Purevision or DefaultWide it works fine. If I then switch back to MayaHD without exiting MePo, I can enter Music and see my ArtistArtist view, but the hidden menu is showing and I can't use the view or layout buttons in the menu. Now Playing works if music is Playing.

Is this really only happening to me?
    Emph

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    In MayaHD for 1.3.0 Alpha, I can't enter the Music section and have it working. All I see is the side menu shown, but clicking items does nothing. If I switch to another compatible skin like Reflex, Purevision or DefaultWide it works fine. If I then switch back to MayaHD without exiting MePo, I can enter Music and see my ArtistArtist view, but the hidden menu is showing and I can't use the view or layout buttons in the menu. Now Playing works if music is Playing.

Is this really only happening to me?
    Emph

hi Emph , what you describe ... means the menubutton (the update for 1.3.0.A) or not implemented at all in music section or some part of the code ,is missing..
    + not to forget in music section need to add menubutton in "mymusicgenres.xml" and in "mymusicsongs.xml" maybe they forget to add to the 2 off the file's ;)

dlarge500

Extension Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2009
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi, the menubutton are inside the Musicpart, i will show for this issue.:)

can you attached me logs?

Last edited:

dlarge500

Extension Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2009
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    please test if you delete the Music entry from the maya plugin and retry this entry and save.;)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    But it's the same from Classic Home as well, so the plugin shouldn't be the culprit, no?

Emph

Users who are viewing this thread