[Usability] Microsoft Kinect input (1 Viewer)

Gaxkor

Portal Member
August 31, 2009
Hello Guys,

i just saw on the Internet that the Kinect Drivers and an SDK is released for windows.

Is anyone (MP Team, or other coder) planing to make it useable with MP?

This would be so nice!!

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, i agree that the technology is quite and may add value to certain scenarios but would you really like sitting on the sofa and moving your hands around just to switch a channel???

For me a good remote is the best tool to use my HTPC

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    exactly, its cool technology but come on im tired of watching in the movies that you need your whole body to control your desktop when right now i just need my right hand and one finger.

its just going backwards!!

jojo1411

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Microsoft Kinect input

I'm pretty sure, that many users would be grateful with a useable implementation of kinect in MePo. Even if it's just a gimmick and you will not use it all the time, it's just cool and people want to show this kind of technology.
    And who knows, maybe there will be a team of devs who are making a game for this. This would give it another usability ;-)

rspierenburg

Portal Pro
    June 18, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    You could set it up to detect who just walked into a room and switch on that person's favorite movie/channel...lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested [2024-03-03 18:26:58,262] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: TV service found. Checking status... [2024-03-03 18:26:58,263] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: TV service is in status Running - proceeding...
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested...
    MediaPortal 1.33 Release Written by Team-MediaPortal. We have just released MediaPortal 1.33 - Springtime / 20th Anniversary...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 No genres after upgrade to 2.5 DE
    You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and music are part of the NET6 version as for NET4. If you have issues with it further infos would be good.
    You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and...
    Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the Requirements and you've filled in your System...
    Replies
    Views
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    Installing other software, especially MP1, which is partly sharing Tv service with MP2, can make everything worse. Please upload your debug log files, if you want to solve the issue.
    Installing other software, especially MP1, which is partly sharing Tv service with MP2, can make everything worse. Please upload...
    Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
    Replies
    Views
    You are right, the one on the repository is correct, not sure how I ended up with a different version. See attached the incorrect version I ended up with.
    You are right, the one on the repository is correct, not sure how I ended up with a different version. See attached the incorrect...
    We have just released MediaPortal 1.32 Halloween Thanks to the great work of our new developer Pablik we are now able to present...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom