Minor bug in teletext (1 Viewer)

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Well, the font size problem should be properly fixed now with the latest CVS build.

About your transparency thing: I don't see it here on the TV channels I can receive. So it doesn't seem to be a general bug, as such "hidden" time is also used by those channels, but they're not transparent, they're properly black here. Maybe your TV channel(s) are transmitting them as transparent (and not as hidden as on my channels). I guess that's the cause for what you are seeing there. The only fix would be to put an opaque black background behind it all, but that's not possible atm.
Just a theory, as I cannot reproduce your screen here. But that sounds reasonable to me.

wortelsoft

Portal Pro
May 13, 2005
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
The tranparency only happens for a few channels and seems to be wrong color choice of that channel so that's not an mp issue.

I installed the latest cvs build this morning but I stil have minor problems with the letters. Only the very long letters like j, y, g are cut of at the botom.

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Still?! Well, gonna make it a bit smaller again. Hope you won't need a binocular then when you're sitting on your couch... (I can only simulate that resolution, that's why it's a bit of try and see for me.)

wortelsoft

Portal Pro
May 13, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
mpod could you give me soem directions on what to change in the source code

I guess it must be in this part, but ten I change it for everyone?

int y = 0;
int x;
int width = _pageRenderWidth / 40;
int height = (_pageRenderHeight - 2) / 25;
int fntSizeX = (width - 2 < 10) ? 10 : width - 2;
int fntSizeY = (height - 6 < 10) ? 10 : height - 6;
_fontTeletext = new System.Drawing.Font("Courier New", Math.Min(fntSizeX, fntSizeY), System.Drawing.FontStyle.Bold);
System.Drawing.SolidBrush brush=null;

Your help is much appreciated.

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
wortelsoft said:
mpod could you give me soem directions on what to change in the source code

I guess it must be in this part, but ten I change it for everyone?

int y = 0;
int x;
int width = _pageRenderWidth / 40;
int height = (_pageRenderHeight - 2) / 25;
int fntSizeX = (width - 2 < 10) ? 10 : width - 2;
_fontTeletext = new System.Drawing.Font("Courier New", Math.Min(fntSizeX, fntSizeY), System.Drawing.FontStyle.Bold);
System.Drawing.SolidBrush brush=null;

Your help is much appreciated.
Ah, damn. I totally forgot you... :oops:

Play with that line:

and change the 6 to 7 or 8. Post your results again, I'm gonna change it in CVS then.

Info: fntSizeY affects 16:9 only, fntSizeX normal 4:3.

wortelsoft

Portal Pro
May 13, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
This bug is back.

I think we need a check box in the mediaportal setup programm (general) for wide screen so all plugins can check this and use separate calculations for 4:3 or 16:9.

sdf

Portal Pro
September 29, 2006
Home Country
Italy Italy
I also have the same problem of transparency.
With some channel all the left part of the teletext screen becimes transparent and teletext is not visible.
The bug is only with full screen teletext.
With windowed teletext (called from the tv menu) the back is perfectly black.
By the way, at the native plasma resolution (848x480) the font is barely visible (too small).
Is better at 960x600 resolution.
Couldn't be implemented something indipendent from desktop resolution and more readable?
I can test it if it is necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread