Mods (1 Viewer)

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
January 29, 2005
Halle (Saale)
Home Country
Germany Germany
Nice!!! I'm using it. Can it show RSS if no media is selected?? it looks so empty down there when nothing is in focus.
I guess this could be dificult as the rss part would have a huge set of conditions for visibility (if not focus on latest media 1, 2, 3, ... and so on). It should be possible though. When I find the time, I'll see what I can come up with ...

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
January 29, 2005
Halle (Saale)
Home Country
Germany Germany
I updated my mod by using the new control IDs of LMH. Now everything works as intended.

@sunfire7: I tried something with the RSS (see attachement) but did not test it. If I unterstand the visibility conditions correct and multiple brackets are allowed, it should work.

Attachments

• BasicHomerss.xml
    1.2 KB

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I've updated my mod to v1.1.0.0 and features a new theme "mode": a games tab for My Emulators 2 and Steam.
    Skärmavbild 2016-03-17 kl. 20.44.05.png
    See [MOD]OnlineVideos and Games Theme for further info.

bta489

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Time and Weather (common.time.xml)

Here is my modification of the common.time.xml to show the time and weather information in the top-right corner:
    common.time.png

The beautiful minimalistic weather icons came from the Titan-Skin modification I used before I switched to Apollo and can be found here. I don't want to step on anyones toes, so I didn't upload them here. They can be found in the linked Titan-Skin-Mod, so basically just copy the "Media/Weather/64x64"-Folder from that .zip and place it in your Apollo-Skin or Apollo-Theme Folder with the same subfolders.
    To change the Time and Date Format follow these instructions from the wiki.

Unfortunately, the Skin doesn't use common.time.xml by default on every screen, so you have to adjust the skinfiles manually to do so. I will be posting more Mods I did, in which this will we fixed.

Attachments

• common.time.xml
      2.6 KB

bta489

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Music: Now Playing

My Version of the Music Now-Playing Screen:
    NowPlaying.JPG
    • Uses my Mod of Time and Weather instead of the user icon and "Music Playing..."-label
    • Artist-ClearLogo and Biography on the left, Cover and CD-Art on the right. If no CD-Art is available the standard generic disc of the default Apollo-Skin is used.
    • Localized strings. Unlike the default-skinfiles, the strings used are localized and should adapt to the locally set Language.
    • Progress-Bar on the bottom of the screen
    • Current Cover, Artist, Track, Current time and duration on the bottom left, next up Cover, Artist, Track and Album on the right
    • Press 'Up' to switch to Fanart-Mode (to return press 'Down' or 'Up' again):
    NowPlaying_Fanart.JPG

• Matching MyLyrics-Skinfile
    MyLyrics.JPG

Note: To utilize ClearLogos and CD-Art check that the paths in "include.ClearArt.xml" match your file structure.

Attachments

• include.ClearArt.xml
      2.3 KB
    • myLyrics.xml
      34.1 KB
    • MyMusicPlayingNow.xml
      16 KB
    • common.music.play.fanart.xml
      3 KB
    Last edited:

bta489

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    TVSeries: Artwork Chooser

Adds the Artwork Chooser to the MPTVSeries Plugin v4.3.6 and up.

MP_FanartChooser.JPG

I made this primarily for myself, but thought others might have a use for it as well. Tested with my rather heavily customized variation of the dark theme. Other themes might not work 100% correctly (didn't test it). Might give you a starting point to modify it yourself, though.

I implemented List, Big and small Thumbs as well as Cover View as best as I could, trying to use the available space optimally while keeping the look and feel of the skin. I introduced a new green flag in addition to the already existing grey and red ones to distinguish the states of the artwork:
    • Green: Artwork is currently selected/used
    • Grey: Available locally (aka downloaded), but not used
    • Red: Available Online (aka ready for download)
    To change View and Provider there is a hidden menu when you press left or right (up and down in Cover-View).

The greenflag.png and black80.png should end up in the Media folder of your theme, the .xml files in your theme's main folder.
    I included the black80.png file just in case. I'm not sure whether I added it or it came with the skin. It's just a small black color tile with 80% transparency I use as simple background texture behind the artwork preview.

This modification uses my common.time.xml mod, available a few posts above this one.

Attachments

• black80.png
      black80.png
      304 bytes
    • greenflag.png
      greenflag.png
      7 KB
    • TVSeries.ArtworkChooser.Banners.xml
      6.3 KB
    • TVSeries.ArtworkChooser.Panels.xml
      7.2 KB
    • TVSeries.ArtworkChooser.Posters.xml
      7.2 KB
    • TVSeries.ArtworkChooser.xml
      6.3 KB

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    As a huge fan of MediaPortal I would like to offer my modded and hacked version of the Apollo skin, hacked being the dominent word ;).
    Before you get excited, I would like to let you know this is purely a custom skin/theme I've been playing with over a few years purely for our own needs.
    I'm by no means any good at this so just thought if I get it out there, there might be someone who could get some use out of it
    Ideally it is more for the tweaker and customizers like myself. I just thought it might be nice to share. Please don't expect it to fit your needs as it has very specific tweaks. eg, we like list view for most plugins.

If anyone is interested, I have attached the Apollo skin folder.
    The Darkness and the Christmas2 theme are the ones we use, the original is probably similar to the original release.

I can't go past without thanking @wizard123 of course for the original skin and @catavolt for a bunch of files and ideas I've used from his Pure skin.

Attachments

• 22-50-06.png
      22-50-06.png
      2.5 MB
    • 22-50-45.png
      22-50-45.png
      2 MB
    • 22-52-13.png
      22-52-13.png
      2.5 MB
    • 22-53-03.png
      22-53-03.png