Mouse Cursor is always present (1 Viewer)

ryan1

Portal Member
April 29, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have attached to my HTPC a Microsoft eHome MCE receiver and remote control.

1997.jpg

What is everyone else using for user input? Maybe that's something we all have in common.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I have attached to my HTPC a Microsoft eHome MCE receiver and remote control.

1997.jpg

What is everyone else using for user input? Maybe that's something we all have in common.

I have the same IR (USB) and remote here.

schwarzrz

Portal Pro
    May 23, 2010
    Frankfurt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am using the RC 297 Origenremote and a rapoo wireless (bluetooth) keyboard.
    The issue occured after updating to 1.11
    So I don´t think it is related to a specific hardeware.

Last edited:

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Have you guys tried to reinstall MP-TVSeries from mp extension manager even if it's the same version currently installed on your pc ?

I had this issue for a while on 1.11 and the cursor is gone now and I think it cured after reinstalling all my extensions/plugins from mp extension manager.

xppx

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Have you guys tried to reinstall MP-TVSeries from mp extension manager even if it's the same version currently installed on your pc ?

I had this issue for a while on 1.11 and the cursor is gone now and I think it cured after reinstalling all my extensions/plugins from mp extension manager.
    I did a reinstall of MP-TVSeries, not from the MP Extension manager but directly (mpe). Unfortunately, it didn't change the behavior.

Setup: I am using LOGITECH Cordless Desktop EX 110 but without the mouse. (mouse removed, no batteries in it)
    The only way to remove the mouse pointer is to put batteries in the mouse and move it a little.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Does alt+tab out and back to MP fix the issue?
    Do you giys have autohide taskbar?
    Do you see it as one pixel at the bottom of the screen when your cursor bug is happening?

xppx

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Does alt+tab out and back to MP fix the issue?
    Do you giys have autohide taskbar?
    Do you see it as one pixel at the bottom of the screen when your cursor bug is happening?
    - ALT-TAB does not fix it. Tried that.
    - I have no autohide taskbar and no tools installed that interfere with the toolbar
    - No pixels, the mouse pointer appears in the exact middle of the screen

But I have noticed that the mouse pointer does not appear during the start of MP.
    It appears the moment I choose (MP-TV) series.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I think using an old version of TVS is not possible ? (related to TVS db i fear).
    Really a weird bug.

jan.schreibe

Portal Member
    January 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm using a Microsoft eHome MCE receiver as well, and yes i tried reinstalling MP TVSeries using the MP Extension Manager. If it helps someone from the devs can connect to one of my machines affected at any time :cool:

kind regards

jan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom