NAS Drive and 1.3b (1 Viewer)

DaiC1

Portal Pro
November 17, 2007
Neath
Home Country
Wales Wales
I have all my media on a WD NAS Drive 1.3a, MovingPicures and TVSeries played the files with no problems.(titan extended skin)

Now in 1.3b MePo freezes and dosnt play the file.

Is anyone else having same problem.

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    This is a communication problem between your HTPC and your server. As in logs MP tried to play the video but there is no reaction from the server... Did you change IP address, password or something like that during upgrade?

DaiC1

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2007
    Neath
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    No mate just uplifted mepo from 1.3a to 1.3b. Via upgrade option in installer.

I've tried :

1.Uninstalling mepo compleat and full install of 1.3 same failure mode.
    2.Restore from an image to working OS+Mepo 1.3a all works as expected, install 1.3b and memo crashes when playing files off NAS.

IT has to be some conflict with mepo 1.3b and my network but I'm stumped.

Last edited:

DaiC1

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2007
    Neath
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    update.
    I've done a fresh install of 1.3b .
    Installed mytvseries {tvs}and i'm able to watch video files with no mepo crashes. Its when I install moving pictures (mp) the mepo crashes when I use either mp or tvs to play media.

If I disable mp in mepo plugin config tvs works again, very strange.

Final update.

With moving pictures disables, all my media plays from the nas drive through tvseries plugin and the native myvideo plugin. Back up ad running at least.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted during the reinstall of MP. I also had to do the same with TRAKT which had some issues too that were not apparent at the time. All is well once again. :cool:
    If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted...
    After much trial and error and comparing this computer with another that was working, I finally found out that Fanarthandler...
    Replies
    Views
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\BasicHome.Editor\TitanEditor.exe Only the shortcut was missing.
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team...
    Hi all, Not a rant, more a sharing of experience (maybe hoping to get some clarification on which wrong turn I took) It has been...
    Replies
    Views
    If you can keep this up and running then I'm ready to add the theme back. But I do not see much difference with my theme in appearance.
    If you can keep this up and running then I'm ready to add the theme back. But I do not see much difference with my theme in appearance.
    Hi! Installed MP 1.31 today, and before I didn't have sub menus for TV and MovingPictures. My setup looked something like this...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 To NAS or not? DE
    What would the best alternative be if this doesn't work fluidly?
    What would the best alternative be if this doesn't work fluidly?
    Recently my main SSD on my HTPC died, taking away the main OS and MP along with it. How I was using it was to store the media...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks for the replies. Looks like I'll have to do a bit of work then! Of course the other option is to have a mini PC connected to the TV and use MP2 on that instead of via Kodi. Something for the future perhaps.
    Thanks for the replies. Looks like I'll have to do a bit of work then! Of course the other option is to have a mini PC connected...
    I'm running MP2 on my PC and Kodi 19 with the MP client on my Amazon Fire TV box, and this works fine for playing anything from the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom