New TV engine and DVB-subtitles? (1 Viewer)

Nyll

Portal Pro
May 18, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi

Is the new TV Engine capable of showing DVB-subtitles? We are really looking forward to this feature in the nordic countries.

/Nyll

SweMart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 25, 2006
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Sorry for nagging but what about teletext subtitles?

Some of our channels send the subtitles via teletext and some using DVB subtitles :(

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    SweMart, what are you doing to the dog in your avatar?

Teletext subtitles is not related to the new TV engine yet, it's a kind of a bug that the background doesn't get transparent. But we didn't have time yet to look into it any further...

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What about UK subtitles which I believe are based on MHEG?
    Currently it looks like this won't come in near future. Of course unless someone else will start to work on it. The core team is not working on MHEG or MHP integration for MP at the moment.

I already see the next question coming up.... We're not working on CC (closed captions, used in USA) support either at the moment.

SweMart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 25, 2006
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Teletext subtitles is not related to the new TV engine yet, it's a kind of a bug that the background doesn't get transparent. But we didn't have time yet to look into it any further...

Why is not in Mantis if it's considered as a bug? Just a though, but that could perhaps lead to some dev picking up the issue and making everyon

People would also stop asking this question every week:) Maybe put it as a sticky under gen. dev in the forum?

Cheers,
    Martin

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

@CyberSimian Thank you very much. That has worked!!
    @CyberSimian Thank you very much. That has worked!!
    Do live TV subtitles work for TV in Australia? If so what are the settings? I am a 74 year old with hearing impairment and have...
    Replies
    Views
    You can always try, select any window, turn off the Media Portal, change the ID of the selected one to the desired one (plugin) and check.
    You can always try, select any window, turn off the Media Portal, change the ID of the selected one to the desired one (plugin) and...
    I don't have a TV card in my HTPC setup, so I really only use plugins that browse and show media files, like MP TV-Series, Moving...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
    Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
    Replies
    Views
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after restart. If you go to an episode and open the options and pick choose artwork then choose episode thumbnail it shows the correct thumbnail and says it is remote. Click on it and it goes local instantly and...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    Replies
    Views
    This is not possible, only on the bluray present subtitles can be selected. Same as above. Audio streams can never be selected apart from the merged ones. You'll have to use tools like the mentioned Media-Buddy to achieve that. Subtitles of local media can be placed into the same folder (with the same name) into the video file. You...
    This is not possible, only on the bluray present subtitles can be selected. Same as above. Audio streams can never be selected...
    Hi, is it possible to include downloaded subtitles during Bluray playback? While playing a Bluray, i can open the menu to select...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom