[fixed] no Cards available (1 Viewer)

GeoffC

Portal Member
June 8, 2008
Home Country
Sorry don't have the old logs, had to do a complete uninstall and reinstall of 1.2.3

Never tried this - as all the channels would work fine and then just just not be available. As if something (epg grabber?) had higher priority

If you think it will help you find the problem I will go back to 1.3, if so would you prefer I did an update install or fresh install?

thanks

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)

You can try to upgrade, it should work :)
    You can do it by using full installer or separate one (from deploy folder in %temp% mediaportal folder.
    And yes you help can be very usefull (with log) to try to fix it :)

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    after Update from 1.2.3 to 1.3.0 there are no TV-Cards availible.

damn...

Controller: find free card for channel Das Erste
    2012-07-11 08:57:07.491800 [(23)]: Controller: find card for channel Das Erste
    2012-07-11 08:57:07.507400 [(23)]: Controller: got 36 tuning details for Das Erste

2012-07-11 08:57:07.819400 [(23)]: Controller: found 84 free card(s)

a lot of tuningdetails for Das Erste.
    although this shouldn't be a problem.

does the problem relate to having the EPG grabber enabled ?
    can u try disable it and retry ?

also am I correct when I assume that you tune Das Erste @ 2012-07-11 08:57
    with SetupTV and not with MP itself ?

/gibman

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @gibman: so far my interpretation of the bug reports has been that the problem occurs when there are more than one tuning detail for the channel. This seemed to be confirmed with the tests that harryzwo did back on page 2 and 3. He removed all tuning details except 1 for a channel to test, and after that was able to tune the channel.

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    thx for clarifying this.

issue reproed easily here.

I just took any random channel of mine a added 1 extra dummy tuning detail.. and it fails the same way.

will look for a solution :)

/gibman

GeoffC

Portal Member
    June 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Did an upgrade to 1.3
    Had a look in the TV server configuration and found 5 or 6 channels not mapped to a card
    Cleared all the mapping and rescanned, now there are no channels that are not mapped
    Performed a number of scheduled recording (including both cards at once), viewed all channels, and all seems to be working ok now

Thanks,

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    So, clearly there is an issue here.

Do we understand what the problem is and why it is happening?

Does a clean install/channel scan/mapping fix it?

tomtj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2012
    NW Chicago suburbs
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    For what it's worth I've seen this issue with the no cards available too. I have now got things partially working. I think things might have improved when I scanned with a single tuner (HDHomerun), rather than scanning the four tuners that I have. At least that was my sense. I kept bouncing over to another partition that was running 1.2.3, and checking signals etc, running scans etc, but it was the single tuner scan that seemed significant. I'm going to start a different thread because another issue seems a little different to me, but some individual channel signals are coming up missing. The separation to a different thread seems like a good idea to me, for my other issue.

Tony

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

i have the same problem with one single channel, only discovery hd doesn't go, he tells me no free card, becaus all cards free. In tv server settings on preview channel the same problem. But all other Channels are working great...

Users who are viewing this thread