[Blog] - On the Couch: fforde

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Lyfesaver74, November 7, 2011.

1. Lyfesaver74
    • Team MediaPortal

Lyfesaver74 Public Relations

Ratings:
    +1,093 / 3
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Show System Specs
    On the Couch: fforde

#2 (11/7/2011)​

This week we have John Conrad (fforde) on the couch. Most of you already know him, or his awesome work on the MovingPictures plugin, but today we get a chance to take a closer peek at Mr. Conrad.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Sh4nn0w
    • Premium Supporter

Sh4nn0w MP Donator

Telecommunications
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    Keep them coming, I'm enjoying these on a monday morning.

Thanks FForde & everyone for Moving Pictures as well; I remember using MPTVSeries which is what really set MP apart for me at the time and wishing there was a Movies plugin that was similar. I've been using Moving Pictures since it was first released and never looked back - I didn't have to muck around managing my movies myself anymore - it just worked. It was at this point where the wife could finally use MP on her own without me having to interfere at all :)

:D

4. el_gato

el_gato Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +30 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    AW: On the Couch: fforde

nice blog, very detailed and interesting to read. you made me curious about this channel plugin idea so +1 for this one to develop next ;)

5. jdoo

jdoo Portal Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Home Country:
    Re: AW: On the Couch: fforde

The "channels" plugin is something I have been dreaming about for years! Like you said, it would be perfect to have your own syndicated channels for "vegging out". I hope somebody ends up running with this idea!

6. fforde

fforde Community Plugin Dev

Software Engineer
    Ratings:
    +1,696 / 0
    Home Country:
    Wanted to clarify, in the post when talking about Avalon I mentioned it could use a bit of polish in a few places. What I was really trying to convey was that the skin is young but getting rapid updates that add further polish (which is kind of exciting because it already looks so great). I think in editing I cut some important text from there or something because rereading now that's not how it comes across to me. ><

So my apologies to the Avalon guys, you'r skin rocks. I can't recommend it enough.

• Like Like x 1
  7. techchad

techchad Portal Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Defiantly a +1 for the Channels plug in, I've been hoping for something like that for years! Especially with my little one getting closer to the point to actually watching TV, having a Cartoon channels plug in with his movies and cartoons on a random schedule would be amazing, less work for me haha.

Keep up the good work!

8. mpsam

mpsam Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Very coherent and informative. Helps to explain the quality of Moving Pictures. Mr Conrad is clearly a thinker. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. And that channels plugin is a brilliant idea. Imagine the kids get to choose what to to watch (from what has been chosen for them. Real parental control)

9. Msidney

Msidney Portal Member

Student - Engineer
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    This sounds like the greatest plugin of all time! def a +1 from me :D

10. MrCrabs

MrCrabs Portal Pro

Ingenieur Maschinenbau / mechanical engineer
    Ratings:
    +129 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Yeah, great plugin idea. Sometimes when wanting to watch a movie it is very enoying that you have to choose one. I only got 300 movies, there are people having a thousand and more, before they chose a movie to watch the night must be over. So +1 for that great idea!

11. Lyfesaver74
    • Team MediaPortal

Lyfesaver74 Public Relations

Ratings:
    +1,093 / 3
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    As a collector and someone who has over 2500 movies..... I can say that MovPic can make it VERY easy to browse your large movie collection. It just takes time. What I have done is make custom categories in the MovPic config and it breaks down like so:

Recently Added (not custom)
    Actors (custom as the built in actors will present ALL actors, I have the top 200 listed instead)
    Characters (custom in here have the name of a character to represent a series ie R2D2 for Star Wars movies, Jason Bourne..etc)
    Alphabetical (custom)
    Genre (not custom)
    Year (custom list of movies by decade)
    Hi-Def (custom only HD movies separated by 720p or 1080p)
    All Movies (not custom)

With a setup somewhat like this one, u can find what u want went u want it =)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!