*ORIGINAL THREAD* InfoService v1.6 - Feed reader/Twitter reader and weather (1 Viewer)

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
January 7, 2007
Ulm
Home Country
Germany Germany
Re: InfoService v1.32 - 5 day weather/Feeds/Twitter on basic home [04-01-2010] *PLANN

I'm nearly finished with the new version. Some bug testing must now be done.

I've uploaded some screenshots at the InfoService codeplex page with a little modded monochrome skin. It also shows the recently added feature (Yes i know it's ulgy :)). Some of the skinners here, will do a much better job.

Btw: If you want to start skinning for the new version, you can do that now. Skin guide is available here. Also i've uploaded Blue3Wide skins files here. If you want try testing your skin files, i can send you a beta.

I have been mulling over whether to start a skin project for MediaPortal and I was hoping a 'recently added' movies/tv shows feature could be added, this is a fantastic new feature edsche.

How is this not in the popular plugins list?!?

You mean this list Extensions-Plugins - MediaPortal Manual Documentation ? Saw it only yesterday. I'will add InfoService to this list.
Or you mean the download section? There is a download link for InfoService here: MEDIAPORTAL - free media center - Remository but it's an older version, i'll update the link when v1.5 is ready.

The recently added feature needs support from the plugins MPTVSeries, Moving Pictures, ... . So if they don't support this, it won't work :(

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: InfoService v1.32 - 5 day weather/Feeds/Twitter on basic home [04-01-2010] *PLANN

Hi edsche,

great to hear that you added support for recently added items... :)

How did you implement this, how can a plugin add recently added items to the InfoService plugin!

:D

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi edsche,

great to hear that you added support for recently added items... :)

How did you implement this, how can a plugin add recently added items to the InfoService plugin!

:D
    Just like you said, with the GUIMessage. Just the listening part from InfoService is a bit different (Did'nt worked with overriding the OnMessage method).

At the moment a plugin only needs to send a message like that:

For Series:
    Code:
    GUIMessage msg = new GUIMessage(GUIMessage.MessageType.GUI_MSG_USER, 16000, 15999, 0, 0, 0,
                        new string[] { "Series", "Journeyman", "01", "03", "Erdbeben" 
                        @"C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\MPTVSeriesBanners\Journeyman\-langen-posters\80494-1.jpg" });

GUIGraphicsContext.SendMessage(msg);

For Movies:
    Code:
    GUIMessage msg = new GUIMessage(GUIMessage.MessageType.GUI_MSG_USER, 16000, 15999, 0, 0, 0,
                        new string[] { "Movies", "Hangover", "", "", "" 
                        @"C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\MPTVSeriesBanners\Journeyman\-langen-posters\80494-1.jpg" });

GUIGraphicsContext.SendMessage(msg);

The GUIMessage is defined like this:
    Code:
    GUIMessage msg = new GUIMessage(GUIMessage.MessageType.GUI_MSG_USER, InfoServiceWindowId, SenderWindowID, 0, 0, 0, new string[] { });
    InfoServiceWindowId -> ID of the InfoService Window. Must be 16000
    SenderWindowId -> ID of the window who sent that message

The string array is defined like this:
    Code:
    new string[] { type, title, season, episodeNumber, episodeTitle, thumbOfTitle });
    type -> "Movies" or "Series"
    title -> Title of the movie or series
    season -> Season of the series. For movie leave this empty
    episodeNumber -> Episodenumber of the series. For movie leave this empty
    episodeTitle -> Episodetitle of the series. For movie leave this empty.
    thumbOfTitle -> Cover/Thumb/Image of the series or movie

Once InfoService receives a message, it will put that sent message into propertie items. This is not a big thing, so hopefully other plugin developers will use this.

But be aware, these things could be changed till the final version.

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England

I'm nearly finished with the new version. Some bug testing must now be done.

I've uploaded some screenshots at the InfoService codeplex page with a little modded monochrome skin. It also shows the recently added feature (Yes i know it's ulgy :)). Some of the skinners here, will do a much better job.

Btw: If you want to start skinning for the new version, you can do that now. Skin guide is available here. Also i've uploaded Blue3Wide skins files here. If you want try testing your skin files, i can send you a beta.

I have been mulling over whether to start a skin project for MediaPortal and I was hoping a 'recently added' movies/tv shows feature could be added, this is a fantastic new feature edsche.

How is this not in the popular plugins list?!?

You mean this list Extensions-Plugins - MediaPortal Manual Documentation ? Saw it only yesterday. I'will add InfoService to this list.
    Or you mean the download section? There is a download link for InfoService here: MEDIAPORTAL - free media center - Remository but it's an older version, i'll update the link when v1.5 is ready.

The recently added feature needs support from the plugins MPTVSeries, Moving Pictures, ... . So if they don't support this, it won't work :(

I'm sure the developers will be happy to add the feature, it may be worth PMing fforde (MovingPictures)/ltfearme(MP-TVSeries) to let them know what is possible/what needs doing.

By popular plugins I mean the section at the top of the plugins forum.

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Already PMed them ;)

By popular plugins I mean the section at the top of the plugins forum.
    Ah okay, i think the forum mods are deciding this how the thread grows and how "big" the plugin is. Let's see :)

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Are you storing the received items into a database? So if the user restarts mediaportal, will the items still show?

If you want to talk to fforde and ltfearme I'd recommend the #movingpictures irc channel. (IRC Channel - Moving Pictures)

Another thing that might add further value to this feature is if the user can click on an item and it would open the plugin showing this item. This would be possible with https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...25/patch-allow-skins-plugins-parameter-74143/, which I hope will make it into the next version after 1.1. For now you could add the path to the media file and start playing it when the user clicks it.

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Are you storing the received items into a database? So if the user restarts mediaportal, will the items still show?
    No at the moment not. But do you think there is a need for a database? It could be easily made, if the plugin save the last recently added items to a xml file or even the MediaPortal.xml, when MediaPortal closes.

Another thing that might add further value to this feature is if the user can click on an item and it would open the plugin showing this item. This would be possible with https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...25/patch-allow-skins-plugins-parameter-74143/, which I hope will make it into the next version after 1.1. For now you could add the path to the media file and start playing it when the user clicks it.
    Thought about that and came to the point this isn't possible, but with your patch it should work. Great! :D

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

Hi Chris

When I run the 1.5 beta I get the black "Missing or invalid file:" screen. I DID make a copy of the "old" infoservice.xml called infoservice.feeds.xml, AND I created the twitter file (infoservice.twitter.xml).

I also copied the "infoService" folder with english and german to my languge folder.

Can you help?

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi Chris

When I run the 1.5 beta I get the black "Missing or invalid file:" screen. I DID make a copy of the "old" infoservice.xml called infoservice.feeds.xml, AND I created the twitter file (infoservice.twitter.xml).

I also copied the "infoService" folder with english and german to my languge folder.

Can you help?
    Works here on 7 and XP, but tested it only with MP 1.1 Beta. Do you use 1.02 ? Any typos?

Attachments

• bug1.png
      bug1.png
      67 KB

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

Hi Chris

Can you help?
    Works here on 7 and XP, but tested it only with MP 1.1 Beta. Do you use 1.02 ? Any typos?

Using 1.1 Beta + latest SVN on XP. I have no idea why it doesn't work, the log-files shows no clue.

:confused:

Attachments

• yes.png
      yes.png
      32.1 KB

Users who are viewing this thread