Philips SRM 5100 - Microsoft Vista 4 In 1 Remote Control (1 Viewer)

Beton

Portal Member
November 11, 2007
Cologne
Home Country
Germany Germany
Well.... Nothing very important !

It is explained in my post (Google translation is very helpfull !!).

I've just made some changes in the irbus.inf file...

Hi Jike,

yes sorry a small misunderstanding. Thought you had done some more changes after halcoberry posted your blog entry.

That version already worked for me.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi,

Thanks for all !!

Here is the new link to my post for Philips SRM 5100 Windows XP (I've made some changes...) :

Original : Télécommande Média Center Philips SRM 5100 et Windows XP | jike.free.fr/blog

Google translation : Google Translate

Jike
    jike.free.fr/blog

thanks for that Jike !!! ill give it a try in a few minutes.

btw, as i can see u have quite a knowledge on remote modding.

can you help me with this one? all keys are working except for 3 so i guess that changing IR code and device code could be enough

:D

halcoberry

June 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Hi Jike,

Just wanted to actually thank you for those drivers, they have been working beautifully. I have installed the newer drivers which also seem to be working fine. I will bump you here if I find any problems.

again THANK YOU!!!!!

:D

Jike

June 9, 2009
    I can't respond to everyone but thank you for your comments.

Thank you to the Media Portal community that gave me the starting point for this remote to operate.

Enjoy and share !!

Jike

saokone

Portal Member
    June 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I can't respond to everyone but thank you for your comments.

Thank you to the Media Portal community that gave me the starting point for this remote to operate.

Enjoy and share !!

Jike

Hi, I´ve tryied to download it but I couldn´t, the links is broken.
    Where can I get it please.
    si hay algun español q me pueda ayudar lo agradecere.
    Thank you

saokone

Portal Member
    June 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    ok, thanx, I´m reading the previous posts but I´´m not sure to had understood well everything.
    Do I have to do something else? Or only install de Driver and run MediaPortal?

Beton

Portal Member
    November 11, 2007
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ok, thanx, I´m reading the previous posts but I´´m not sure to had understood well everything.
    Do I have to do something else? Or only install de Driver and run MediaPortal?

Do you use Windows XP? Do you have the philips-srm-5100 and can't get it to work with your favorite applications?
    Then you can use the above driver and the Philips appears as a normale MCE remote for all applications that support it. You can then activate MCE Remote in MP and there you go.

saokone

Portal Member
    June 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Ok,ok, let´s see if I´ve understood ok.

Yes, I have the philips remote, and I use XP pro.
    I tried to install it, but as you konw, windows can´t find a driver to use it.

If i use this driver, I can install the philips remote in windows XP and use it as MCE standard?

later, I only have to configure mp to use it with a MCE remote and ready?

do you use it beton? it works right?

PD, This forum is fantastic.

Beton

Portal Member
    November 11, 2007
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok,ok, let´s see if I´ve understood ok.

Yes, I have the philips remote, and I use XP pro.
    I tried to install it, but as you konw, windows can´t find a driver to use it.

If i use this driver, I can install the philips remote in windows XP and use it as MCE standard?

later, I only have to configure mp to use it with a MCE remote and ready?

do you use it beton? it works right?

PD, This forum is fantastic.

Yes (to all questions!)
    You can use it as MCE standard remote (activate MCE remote in MP Configuration) with this driver and I use it and it works perfect!

Users who are viewing this thread