Philips SRM 5100 - Microsoft Vista 4 In 1 Remote Control (1 Viewer)

jezd

Portal Pro
December 28, 2007
Philips SRM 5100 - Microsoft Vista 4 In 1 Remote Control

Anyone know if this would work with MP given its MCE compatible?

Cheers

Jez

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Well in theory all MCE remotes should work with mediaportal because of the work and-81 has done. No guarantee tho..

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Let me know if you have any trouble and I'll see what I can do.

The only reason I can think why you might have trouble is if you are running XP and this is a Vista only device.

Looks like a nice remote though.

Cheers,

jezd

Portal Pro
    December 28, 2007
    oops, I knew I should have read it first - im not planning to move to XP as yet......will let you know.

ta

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    im not planning to move to XP as yet......

You mean Vista?

It might still work ...

If it doesn't then let me know cos I've got some experimental code to make Vista "only" remotes work on XP ... But I don't have anything to test it with... So I have no idea if it will work.

Anyway, good luck with it!

Cheers,

m0rt

Portal Pro
    November 29, 2005
    Bolton, UK
    Home Country
    England England

You mean Vista?

It might still work ...

If it doesn't then let me know cos I've got some experimental code to make Vista "only" remotes work on XP ... But I don't have anything to test it with... So I have no idea if it will work.

Cheers,

Purchased one of these at the weekend, it definately doesn't natively work in xp. The usb ir receiver won't install (finds "SF+ Dongle" but no drivers) and as far as I could find there are no drivers available for xp (the drivers are native in vista).

installed vista home premium and it installs and works in mce perfectly.

Not got it to work with MP yet tho.... if anyone has any pointers (never used an mce remote before, always had a USBUIRT) I'd be very grateful!

m0rt

jezd

Portal Pro
    December 28, 2007

You mean Vista?

It might still work ...

Cheers,

Purchased one of these at the weekend, it definately doesn't natively work in xp. The usb ir receiver won't install (finds "SF+ Dongle" but no drivers) and as far as I could find there are no drivers available for xp (the drivers are native in vista).

installed vista home premium and it installs and works in mce perfectly.

Not got it to work with MP yet tho.... if anyone has any pointers (never used an mce remote before, always had a USBUIRT) I'd be very grateful!

m0rt

Well its on its way and we will have to see when it gets here - would be suprised if it cant be got to work.

Users who are viewing this thread