Progress bar for video dowloads? | Page 3

Discussion in 'OnlineVideos' started by peque, April 20, 2010.

1. Wiesel

Wiesel Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Austria Austria
    Did a bit of reading about DirectShow and I now more or less get what's going on there. File Source (URL) is a pull source filter (like all source filters?!?) since it implements IAsyncReader. Push filters implement IMemInputPin. So far it shouldn't be a problem to implement a monitoring filter (or filter wrapper), but there's still a much bigger problem: this solution would only work with sources implementing IAMOpenProgress, which WM ASF Reader doesn't (don't know about the MediaPortal File Reader)... that would lead to an inconsistent behaviour...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. offbyone
    • Team MediaPortal

offbyone Development Group

Ratings:
    +3,303 / 3
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    WM ASF Reader is mostly used for mms:// streams. This protocol allows random access to the file on the server (seeking possible) - so the buffering stuff is not needed on that. (That filter is poorly implemented anyway - from experiance and google).

4. peque
    • Premium Supporter

peque Moderator - Spanish Forums

Ratings:
    +111 / 1
    Home Country:
    Spain Spain
    Show System Specs
    What do I exactly need to see progress bar? :)

I installed MP 1.1.0 RC3... is it enough, or we must wait for OnlineVideos 0.21? Or maybe an skin update also? (I installed also last StreamedMP, for MP 1.1.0 RC3)

Thanks a lot!

5. offbyone
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +3,303 / 3
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    You will need OnlineVideos 0.21 and an updated StreamedMP skin for the OSD.

6. peque
    • Premium Supporter

peque Moderator - Spanish Forums

Ratings:
    +111 / 1
    Home Country:
    Spain Spain
    Show System Specs
    Which I must asume are not still public? Last StreamedMP files don't include this?

7. greybox
    • Premium Supporter

greybox MP Donator

Ratings:
    +87 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    Show System Specs
    Is it supposed to work with the default skins?

8. SilentException
    • Team MediaPortal

SilentException Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +1,129 / 0
    Home Country:
    Croatia Croatia
    Blue3wide was updated for progress bar display on OnlineVideos Google Code SVN..

I updated Black & White 1080, Black Glass and Black Glass Nova on Google Code SVN..

StreamedMP was also updated on Google Code SVN but don't know about latest released version.. My guess it includes it because it cannot break anything even if you're not using latest SVN version of OnlineVideos..

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wiesel

Wiesel Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Austria Austria
    It's been some time since my last post here as I unfortunately just have very limited time, but I did a bit of experimenting and do now have a running proof of concept... I'm talking about this issue here:

Are you even interested in integrating this functionality into OnlineVideos? That issue really bugged me so I HAD to find out how to solve it, but my concept is far from perfect and I don't want to spend any more time if it's of no use ;)

10. offbyone
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +3,303 / 3
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    I'd very much like to know what your concept on this is! If you have tried latest version of onlinevideos, you'll have noticed that the pre-buffering is already in there. I'm interested how you solved the buffer drainage detection.

11. Wiesel

Wiesel Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Austria Austria
    Actually there are built in events in DirectShow to detect buffer drainage (EC_BUFFERING_DATA, EC_STARVATION), but unfortunately none of the filters involved in my tests (YouTube with MPC FLV Splitter & ffdshow) signals it :(

I have now hacked together a C# wrapper for the "File Source (URL)" filter, but it could be used for any source filter supporting IAsyncSource. What I'm doing is intercepting the call from the splitter to the source filter (IAsyncRead.SyncRead) which gives me the current byte-position in the source stream, and if that position is beyond the buffered part of the file I know the buffer of the splitter has drained (it may need a more elaborate logic but basically that's it).

The biggest problem now is that my filter-wrapper doesn't connect automatically in the graph, but if I manually connect it to a splitter it works. Maybe it might be a better idea to implement it more as a proxy filter between the source and the splitter instead of wrapping the source... I'd have to test that.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!