[fixed] RC4: ShowGUI (RED buttom) not working while playing music (1 Viewer)

DoXer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    after upgrading from RC1 to RC4 the RED buttom (Show GUI) on MCE and keyboard remote while playing music doesn't work. I hear the skin sound but that's all. For TV and video everything is ok.

DoXer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: RC4: SHowGUI (RED buttom) not working while playing music

I'm the only one with this problem? Can anybody check it please?

Thanx

KevL

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2005
    Cambridge, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Red button when playing music launches visualisation (I think). Have you set up a visualisation? I think that only the inbuilt viz works. Neither milkdrop or other types work.

K

DoXer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I have not set visualisation.
    I'm using StreamedMP, but for the bugreport I've made the logs in debug mode. Also in debug mode I have the problem.
    BTW: No modification/customization for my MCE V2 in MP.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: AW: RC4: SHowGUI (RED buttom) not working while playing music

I have not set visualisation.
    The red button certainly now launches vizualisations (gives you a black screen in no viz is configured) but I am not sure whether this is what it is meant to do / what it used to do?

What are you expecting the red button to do? I saw some discussion about this the other day and I think it used to take you to the now-playing screen?

DoXer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: RC4: SHowGUI (RED buttom) not working while playing music

Yes,, I expect like in RC1 and older versions to open the "Now-Playing-Screen"

hidden_ace

Portal Member
    June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    In MP1.1.0 RC3 and earlier, pressing the "Switch between GUI/Fullscreen" while a music file was playing in the background would take you directly to the Now Playing Screen.

In RC4, it no longer works. Find it a hassle to go to the side menu and select now playing.

Is this a bug or is it intended? Is there anyway to map a button to take me directly to Now Playing?

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    hidden_ace: You must have modified the keyboard layout. pressing "x" was always toggling between GUI / Full Screen ( = Music Viz)

DoXer: Had a look at your logs.

line 105 of mediaportal.log -> " .... Create visualization failed"

Couldn't see which Viz is loaded. Maybe you#re refrencing a Viz, which is no longer available in your install.
    The consequence of that is, that no Viz is loaded and you have a black screen.

DoXer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Ok, I'll uninstall RC4 and make a new install. Hope this fix the issue.

DoXer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Today uninstalled RC4 and installed RC5 and restored the backup with the backup-plugin. Same problem. Any ideas how to fix it manually?

Users who are viewing this thread