Recording timeshifted material? (1 Viewer)

jonaskp

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I'm onboard with this, would really love to get it back for TV3 after switching from TV2 where it was working.

EMKO

Portal Pro
May 4, 2006
yea that's a good idea just make the timeshift files named after whats playing just like a recording but removed them after x amount of time and/or if the user didn't press record. If the user pressed record it moves the file to the record folder.

tlundberg

Portal Member
January 5, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Here's one more wish for this feature.

I'm still on the old MP where this works and I'm holding back updating to TVServer because I don't want to loose this functionality.

Could someone please create a Mantis feature request for this so it can be tracked in a more official way?

jonaskp

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
This needs to be looked at, I consider this a Must-Have Feature. I was really sad to see that it did not work after I switched to TVserver

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Could someone please create a Mantis feature request for this so it can be tracked in a more official way?

Mantis is not used for keeping track of feature requests. Only bugs and planned features are added to Mantis. Currently there aren't any plans to add this feature to TVE3 (no interested devs to do it, so not going to happen in anytime soon).

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Maybe there should be some way to track submitted ideas so that they are not forgotten?

Maybe a wiki page or similar? With a simple list of ideas and link to a discussion?

Even better, not only a list of ideas, but the ability to vote for them :)

dareh

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2006
    Alcalá de Henares
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I think a solution could be treat timeshiftbuffers as recordings, I mean making no difference between timeshifting and recording.
    Now, when you begin watching a channel a timeshiftbuffer is created, why not create a recording? and keep the file till the space is needed or till a given time. Sagetv works this way.

I also think it's a must-have.
    Thanks.

Dareh.

bibo456

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    This would be a nice feature.
    I really would like to have it.

thank you for your work guys !!!
    MP is awsome:D