SATA2 hot or not? (1 Viewer)

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    All that has to do with is the interface. From what I have heard about SATA (150) and SATA (300), is that there is not a lot of difference from the 2. Yea, 300 is going to be faster on bursts and things like that but your not going to double your speed. As for the drives, I think they are pretty much the same. They spin the same speed, and they shouldn't be any hotter then an SATA 150. Its just like ATA 133. The extra speed is there but if you look at the reviews... an ATA 100 is just as fast. Thats why most of the HD companies just stoped at ATA100. I think maxtor is the only one at ATA 133. If you look at the speeds, Seagates usually beat them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

As the TVEngine is same, is it not possible to take over some MP1 code pieces here or is it fully player dependent? So far not, this could be achieved. But at first the infos need to be existing.
    As the TVEngine is same, is it not possible to take over some MP1 code pieces here or is it fully player dependent? So far not...
    Hello, after round about a decade of using MP1 I decided to test the so far most current version of MP2. Overall I like it very...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes, there will be many things. Main reason is simply, that MP2 is not developed based on MP1. I for example never used MP1. I tried it lately to test voice control and was shocked about many inconsistancies in...
    Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes...
    It´s been a while... :) Well, simply the reason is cause MP1 was working so well... :) Now I decided to upgrade my old servers and...
    Replies
    Views
    Hello, thank you for you logs, but bd log is empty ( except 2 lines ) maybe one stuff will be to update the libbluray library, but it's long work for me, and to be honest i doesn't have motivation. if finally worked for you , i'm glad. personnaly, i know on BD drive i have, was a mess to work because of the BD disc driver was not...
    Hello, thank you for you logs, but bd log is empty ( except 2 lines ) maybe one stuff will be to update the libbluray library...
    I'm trying to play the Blu-ray Doctor Who - Flux and both disk 1 and disk 2 simply freeze MePo 1.30. I waited about 4- minutes...
    Replies
    Views
    Standard Windows behaviour is that if you open a file in File Explorer that has an application associated with it the file will be displayed in that application. This does not happen with MP2. If I try to open a .ts file (or any other video file type associated with Media Portal) rather than displaying the recording it merely opens...
    Standard Windows behaviour is that if you open a file in File Explorer that has an application associated with it the file will be...
    Standard Windows behaviour is that if you open a file in File Explorer that has an application associated with it the file will be...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 To NAS or not? DE
    What would the best alternative be if this doesn't work fluidly?
    What would the best alternative be if this doesn't work fluidly?
    Recently my main SSD on my HTPC died, taking away the main OS and MP along with it. How I was using it was to store the media...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom