[confirm] Search method not working? Ideas for improvements... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I would give every field an Attribute if it is usable for search. Also a friendly translatable Name per field would be good if not already available.
    Then we could extend it to loog only in the fields the user wants to.
    There should also be the info in the field if it is not only searchable, but also in the Default selection for search.

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Why not use a real FTS engine like http://lucenenet.apache.org (just an example, not suggesting that specific one be used)?. Sure, an regular FTS engine will require the documents (media items) to be index but this is already done when media is imported to the library, which is done in the background anyway.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please try the latest snapshot: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mediaportal-2-weekly-snapshot-2016-05-01.134275/

It already contains an improved search that is fast again. It considers most relevant fields of each category:
    • series: series name + episode name
    • movie: collection name+ movie name
    • audio: artist, album artist, title
    • recording: recording name, channel name
    The "remote filter" looks like a good idea to implement in MP2 as well. I first thought "remote" means filtered by database in backend, but it refers to "remote control" buttons (numbers and few special keys) which are doing a secondary filtering on the loaded data.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You really should just look at MovPic code for 'remote filtering' and implement that.. Search boxes you have to type into are last century things! That search function is sooo good..
    I just have ported the code into MP2 and I must agree with you: this way of filtering is really good :)

It needs a few more changes and then it will be part of next weekly :D

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've added the search feature to the "AbstractScreenData" class. That way it is automatically working in all media parts, video, audio, series, movies, recordings, images :D

Some screenshot as examples:
    01_Series_default.jpg 02_series_374.jpg 03_series_w.jpg 04_audio_m.jpg

There are two different modes:
    • Input by numeric keys, in SMS style. Search: "Contains" ."NumItemsStr" will show "filtered"
    • Input by numeric keys, in SMS style. Search: "StartsWith" ."NumItemsStr" will show "Starts with: x"
    Thanks @TheBatfink, such requests are really bringing MP2 forward (y)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Well credit to MovPics devs.. But it's nice isn't it :) Not having to navigate to search (filter) is great. It's the fastest style of search I've used up to yet.

Looking forward to updating and having a play. Thanks! Now to pinch their 'in GUI' importer / scraper features :) another nice piece of design.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Is it possible that the mapping for MCE remote is broken somehow in this build?
    [2016-05-03 22:27:07,289] [35915 ] [54 ] [INFO ] - MceRemote: No remote mapping found for remote button '31'
    [2016-05-03 22:27:11,533] [40159 ] [54 ] [INFO ] - MceRemote: No remote mapping found for remote button '5'
    Wanted to try this feature but nothing happens when I press any number on my Original Microsoft MCE remote... If I press any letter on the keyboard the focus jumps instantly to the first entry starting with this letter, so I believe in general it's working as expected. Only with my remote it did not...

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @Lehmden change to SMS style entry in the settings. When I did this it started working correctly for filtering. Was guessing this is how you swap between the two 'options'.

@morpheus_xx it works ok. I am curious though, how to return from the newly filtered data after filtering with remote? In MovPic, you can simply press back / escape and it returns you back to previous filtered view. I can't seem to do this here.

I also find it a bit clunky compared to MovPic, is it yet to be optimized? By clunky it seems to wait a few moments then updates the filter. Maybe it is only a visual thing??

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Resetting the filter happens by "*" key on remote. I tried this yesterday on my HTPC as well, but exactly this button didn't work yet ;)

I will check if this a matter of MCE receiver or something else.
    By clunky it seems to wait a few moments then updates the filter. Maybe it is only a visual thing??
    This is quite quick here. But filtering is applied to the current list of MediaItems. If you have a "show all items" view with thousand items, this can't be too fast.

But filtering i.e. in "series" view reacts instantly on my quite week HTPC

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread