Setting guide channels (1 Viewer)

vcrpro3

Portal Member
April 7, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
In TV Server Configuration; Plugins>XmlTv>Mappings>Guide channel, is there a site, in addition to Zap2It, where i can find info to help me select the coorect guide choice in the drop down box? For Phoenix, AZ OTA.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hmmmm, interesting question.
    Is it not obvious what the correct choice is?
    I mean, if you have a channel such as "ABC", wouldn't you know that the correct corresponding guide channel name would contain ABC?
    (...or wouldn't you know the call sign of your local ABC affiliate - for example WABC, or KABC?)

Sorry if I've misunderstood your question. I just don't understand how you wouldn't know which option to select. :confused:

gonzo90017

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Los Angeles, California market:
    Unvision is listed as 34.1 KMEX-DT
    Unimas is listed as 46.1 KFTRDT
    PBS is listed as 50.1 KOCEDT
    CW is listed as 5.1 KTLA
    FOX is listed as 11.1 KTTV
    when using Zap2it's TV guide option.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Unvision... Unimas... PBS... CW... FOX
    Are these the original broadcast channel names, as found by TV Server?
    (Usually the broadcast channel names are "K..." or "W..." where applicable, which according to your example should be trivial to match.)

...34.1 KMEX-DT... 46.1 KFTRDT... 50.1 KOCEDT... 5.1 KTLA... 11.1 KTTV
    Can you please zip and attach your latest tvguide.xml file.
    (I'd use zap2xml to check for myself, but the zap2xml website/download seems to be down at the moment from here.)

P.S. These lists may be more convenient than RabbitEars:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...United_States_by_call_sign_(initial_letter_K)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...United_States_by_call_sign_(initial_letter_W)

Users who are viewing this thread