Raven

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2005
    Stockholm
    grouzy said:
    Hello Raven

another feedback on the skin:
    when you display a list (of musics, or videos) and that there are several pages, we don't see the arrows to go up/down 1 page. The controls are there because they are working, but as I don't see them, sometimes I wonder on which control the focus is.
    Is it something deliberate that they don't appear ?

Yes, they were visually removed for estetic reasons. As you can see in many different places the skin is not very mouse friendly. This was part of the original design concept to reduce the clutter on the interface. I have reconsidered this decision and I will change it back to be more mouse friendly.

Raven

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2005
    Stockholm
    chili said:
    Where can I get the latest version?

I commit to CVS regularly. The latest public release can always be found in the CVS. I do not commit changes daily however since I would get alot of feedback of faulty controls etc. from users thinking it's a finished skin.

The update mentioned above was commited and can be found in CVS dated after the announcement.

Next update will be a major one with alot of changes and improvements.

HarryFX

October 20, 2004
    Germany
    As always when it comes to design it is a very personal experience. Of course I don't expect this design to appeal to all users. I agree some fonts are on the small side and this is something I will look into once the skin is nearing completion. The skin is currently developed for large screens. I personally use it mainly on a 50" plasma. I will see if I can adjust some fonts to work better on smaller LCDs. There will not be huge differences in font sizes however.

hi raven,

I see, that maybe explains my problem: designed for large screens but low resolutions (like plasma screens)...
    when I am using it on a 1360wpx resolution with a 32" LCD TV the skin does not take advantage of the freespace.

however, good work, keep on skinning ;)

bye,
    harald

Raven

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2005
    Stockholm
    HarryFX said:
    I see, that maybe explains my problem: designed for large screens but low resolutions (like plasma screens)...
    when I am using it on a 1360wpx resolution with a 32" LCD TV the skin does not take advantage of the freespace.

The skin is designed for standard widescreen resolution of 1280x720 pixels. The 50" plasma I run it on has a resolution of 1366x768 which of course will result in larger objects than on a 32" LCD of the same resolution. I also use it on a 32" LCD in the bedroom with the same resolution but haven't experienced any trouble reading text.

daveyboy

Portal Member
    March 15, 2005
    Reading, England
    Hi Raven,

I also use your great skin on a 32" LCD and don't have a problem with the font sizes. I do have a few minor issues though:

- missing coverart grabber xml
    - on some screens, still see "Nu Spelas" instead of "Now Playing"
    - colours on tvguide makes shows a little hard to read (apart from currently playing shows)

See - told you they were minor :lol:

Also, are there any plans for a basic home screen? Sounds like a nice idea, i'm sure the wife would prefer it.

Anyway, keep up the great work. This skin has a great feel to it, very easy on the eyes.

DickPurple

February 22, 2006
    Hi

I would like to install this skin on my mp, but i really dont find where to download it in CVS... could you please post a link?

thanks for such great work!

Raven

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2005
    Stockholm
    DickPurple said:
    Hi

I would like to install this skin on my mp, but i really dont find where to download it in CVS... could you please post a link?

No need to download it seperatly. Just get one of the later CVS and then select it in Media Portal Setup.

chili

Portal Pro
    September 20, 2004
    somewhere in the bowels of Texas
    Raven said:
    DickPurple said:
    Hi

No need to download it seperatly. Just get one of the later CVS and then select it in Media Portal Setup.

My advice is if you have a working MediaPortal now and you don't want to chance a CVS messing something up, then download the latest CVS file and just extract the Razor folder to the skin subfolder.

Users who are viewing this thread