Skin: Razor | Page 14

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Skins' started by Raven, December 22, 2005.

1. cheezey

cheezey Community Plugin Dev

Technical architect
    Ratings:
    +315 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Some feedback Razor, I'm sure you'll be aware of most of this but I'll list them anyway....

1. Fantastic skin - I'm using it on a 17" widescreen.
    2. There are some icons/images still from Blue two...My Trailers, My News, Topbar etc.
    3. The popup window to read news articles is very small.
    4. The "Now Playing" music screen is all squashed to one side.
    5. The volume OSD is not in the best place, it should be top/right
    6. Navigating from My TV -> TV guide leaves the very large TV preview window over the top of the TV guide.
    7. I'm not sure with this one but the or recordings seems to stutter more with this skin, I'll do some more testing.
    8. The TV guide buttons/text colours make it a bit hard to read. I'm not keen on the metallic colours of the guide bars with the text in light blue. I'd prefer to see the screen using more subtle colours/buttons like the rest of the skin.

Again, this is a fantastic skin, I'm real pleased to have a native widescreen skin.

Keep up the great work.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Raven
    • Premium Supporter

Raven Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for your feedback.

1. Thanks :)
    2-5, Razor is still under development.
    6. This error occurs when timeshifting is disabled. I haven't been able to locate the cause of the error. If anyone knows what is causing it please let me know! :)
    7. I'm not sure what you mean. Could you elaborate?
    8. I agree. This has been changed and will be available in the next release.

Regards
    Raven

4. cheezey

cheezey Community Plugin Dev

Technical architect
    Ratings:
    +315 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've just downloaded the most recent CVS and the TV guide is looking real good Raven. Keep up the great work. :)

EDIT: :D Wow - The TV guide overlay is extra nice. :D

5. Olodin
    • Premium Supporter

Olodin MP Donator

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    just moved to 0.2cvs and razor

Hi Raven,

this weekend I have moved from 0.1.3.0 Mediaportal with Bluetwo/1280 to the latest CVS snapshot of 0.2 and Razor.
    I am very happy that you spend your time working on that skin: it looks really awesome!

Using it with a 28" LCD at 1360x768 with a viewing disctance of ~3m I am quite satisfied with the font sizes, contrast and the readability.

It is very good that a real 16:9 skin finally made it into the default distribution of MediaPortal.

Keep up your fantastic work!

6. dfbb

dfbb Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It seems that my video-card was the problem. Probably because of the use of bigger graphics, my graphics card wasn't gast enough anymore. Upgraded now to a MSI RS482M4-ILD board with onboard graphics and now it works great.
    Only one bug is a bit annoying: When I navigate from My TV to the TV guide it leaves the very large TV preview window over the top of the TV guide. I saw this bug reported before, so I hope you can fix this one (until then, I'll try switching on timeshifting).

7. Fabolus

Fabolus Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Italy Italy
  8. Raven
    • Premium Supporter

Raven Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The channel group and channel selecting buttons were changed from up/down-buttons to buttons with popup in MP a while back. I will commit a major update to Razor this weekend with this issue resolved.

Thanks for your interest!

9. Rybber

Rybber Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi guys.

I just got my new 32" LCD TV, so now I'm using Razor skin. Let me say, it looks REALLY nice and professional. MCE go home! Thanks a lot for the effort!!!

Now, I'm using 0.2RC2 with latest CVS from today. I have noticed one big error with this skin:

After entering MyTV, TV turns on in the "big" preview window. If I then select either recorded TV or TV guide, the TV preview should be very small and in the left hand bottom corner. But it isn't - it's still the same size preview as in My TV home and it sits on top of the GUI?

10. kamrat

kamrat Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I've noticed this as well. If you turn on timeshifting it seems to work. Maybe the author of this skin, like me, almost always has timeshifting enabled and has not noticed this. I hope it will get fixed before the final release on saturday.

11. Rybber

Rybber Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Kamrat, you're right - it works fine with timeshifting enabled. Definitely a bug then.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!