[confirm] some channels fail to tume(unable to start graph) rc6 (1 Viewer)

kkendall

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Ok, tested last night with the MP in debug mode and could cause and register some random failings to tune to channels. It only happens sometimes, about 1 in 10 times. It doesn't matter what channel it is, it fails to tune randomly, this time without any warning or message, just a frozen screen. One time the screen was frozen black (I think from the channel I was on before I tried to tune to the next channel) and one time a frozen epg.
You can still hear your the buttons you hit on the remote and when you hit stop, the screen flashes and MP is 'released' again from it's freeze. Now all the actions you've hit on your remote when it was frozen will take place. Hitting the failing channel after that again and it will always work...

Please be a little bit patient because I forgot to take along the logs on a usb-stick so I can only post these tonight. :oops: sorry

Here are the logs I promised!
I hope you guys can make something of it

BeLLe

Portal Pro
August 13, 2008
I don't use smart card as my danish provider broadcast all the channels unscrambled

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: some channels fail to tume(unable to start graph) rc6

kkendall
    are you by chance, using iPimp? Because I got a feeling that this happens more often when I activate the ipimp server.

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: some channels fail to tume(unable to start graph) rc6

@kkendall
    are you by chance, using iPimp? Because I got a feeling that this happens more often when I activate the ipimp server.

Nope, never used it.
    At the moment I'm just using the tv section of MP. I first would like to get the basics in MP working and stable after 2 years of use. I will start using plugins again when the 1.1 final is released and I can't do anything about bugs anymore until the next version is released in december.

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: some channels fail to tume(unable to start graph) rc6

ok, found a final fix for my problems:
    i use "always use PAT lookup" option in TVserver debugoptions.
    Since I activated this optionI have had no more channel changing problems

cheers
    joystick

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Last week I had enough of my problems (and the misses kept wining :D ) and bought a Intel SSD, installed W7 on it so my system was completely clean, installed the needed drivers, installed MediaPortal RC6 and SAF 4.00 stable. That was it.

Then I did a complete channelscan. That succeded only partial, only about 70% of my channels were found. Then I scanned for a transponderlist on a specific frequency, that gave me almost all channels, about 95%. But frequencies of a lot of channels were wrong so I could only watch about 70% of my channels. Then I updated the wrong channels individually, one by one.

Now I can watch about 95% of the available channels...but still not all of them. There was still about 5% of the channels that failed to tune every time, but with different error messages: sometimes 'unable to start graph', sometimes 'no audio/video detected', sometimes 'Can't play live2-0.ts.tsbuffer", sometimes no message at all. All these channels seem to have the correct frequency. Same result with or without "always use PAT lookup" and/or "always reset graph" debugoptions on.

So now I spent quite a lot of money and a lot of hours testing, scanning, updating and installing...but the situation is actually worse then my old system under Vista because a little bit more channels give problems. In fact, I used to get an error message only once when trying to tune to a channel, trying again after that was almost always succesfull (accept Comedy Central). Now I have no error messages at random channels anymore, now I have some channels that don't work anymore at all (now more channels like Comedy Central was before!). Even loading my old channellist from my Vista setup (that used to work with all channels, accept ComedyCentral) gives me the same failling channels in W7.

If i could solve the problem with these channels I would be sooo happy...

EDIT:
    Attached the logs when trying to tune to some failing channels (and some good channels) I hope someone can see something in it that I can change or improve to make these channels work

EDIT2: All channels that don't work in MP do work on my Humax dvb receiver on the same frequencies I've set in MP.

EDIT3: There are also no double entries in the channel details so that also can't be it. Take for instance Omrop Fryslan. It has only one provider and if I edit the channel it also has only one entry. With the correct tuningdata.
    In fact, the tuning data you can set in MP is exactly th same as DVBViewer PRO finds it, and in that software all channels that don't work in MP, do work in DVBViewer! With exactly the same codecs selected.

So it must be a specific MP bug or problem... Not something with reception, dvb card or codecs.

newlynx

Portal Member
    July 22, 2010
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Hi there,

new to the forum trying to test mediaportal for my htpc.
    I am facing exactly the same problems as described above by other users and especially kkendall . Not complete scanning, tuning issues, "unable to start graph" problem etc.
    I will post my logs as soon as possible.

bsider

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Absolutely the same is happening with me.
    W7 32 bit / MP 1.1 RC6 / Prof 7301 DVB-S2

worked fine before on 1.0.2 / Vista SP2
    "always use PAT lookup" option in TVserver debugoptions didn't help
    I noticed this happens mostly on HD channels

UPD
    Looks like it was bad satellite transponder list, for now it works fine with latest 1.1 Final

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Last week I had enough of my problems (and the misses kept wining :D ) and bought a Intel SSD, installed W7 on it so my system was completely clean, installed the needed drivers, installed MediaPortal RC6 and SAF 4.00 stable. That was it.

Then I did a complete channelscan. That succeded only partial, only about 70% of my channels were found. Then I scanned for a transponderlist on a specific frequency, that gave me almost all channels, about 95%. But frequencies of a lot of channels were wrong so I could only watch about 70% of my channels. Then I updated the wrong channels individually, one by one.

Now I can watch about 95% of the available channels...but still not all of them. There was still about 5% of the channels that failed to tune every time, but with different error messages: sometimes 'unable to start graph', sometimes 'no audio/video detected', sometimes 'Can't play live2-0.ts.tsbuffer", sometimes no message at all. All these channels seem to have the correct frequency. Same result with or without "always use PAT lookup" and/or "always reset graph" debugoptions on.

So now I spent quite a lot of money and a lot of hours testing, scanning, updating and installing...but the situation is actually worse then my old system under Vista because a little bit more channels give problems. In fact, I used to get an error message only once when trying to tune to a channel, trying again after that was almost always succesfull (accept Comedy Central). Now I have no error messages at random channels anymore, now I have some channels that don't work anymore at all (now more channels like Comedy Central was before!). Even loading my old channellist from my Vista setup (that used to work with all channels, accept ComedyCentral) gives me the same failling channels in W7.

EDIT:
    Attached the logs when trying to tune to some failing channels (and some good channels) I hope someone can see something in it that I can change or improve to make these channels work

EDIT2: All channels that don't work in MP do work on my Humax dvb receiver on the same frequencies I've set in MP.

EDIT3: There are also no double entries in the channel details so that also can't be it. Take for instance Omrop Fryslan. It has only one provider and if I edit the channel it also has only one entry. With the correct tuningdata.
    In fact, the tuning data you can set in MP is exactly th same as DVBViewer PRO finds it, and in that software all channels that don't work in MP, do work in DVBViewer! With exactly the same codecs selected.

So it must be a specific MP bug or problem... Not something with reception, dvb card or codecs.

Is it ok if I post this specific problem in a new bugreport for 1.1 final with logs and everything, because now it's archived under the RC3 to 6 topic...

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

EDIT:

Is it ok if I post this specific problem in a new bugreport for 1.1 final with logs and everything, because now it's archived under the RC3 to 6 topic...

i would say it is OK.

Users who are viewing this thread