speed up import of tvguide.xml? (1 Viewer)

-.-PhanTom-.-

Portal Pro
April 6, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Just wanted to know if there are any ways or plans to speed up the import of the tvguide.xml
Mine is aprox 1.6 Mb and it takes quite a while before it is all imported....

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    How long are you talking about... I pull down the 1 day guide at about 1.3MB and it imports in like 3 minutes.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Oh come on, does it really matter if it takes 3, even 15 minutes?

You should get your guide before the current one is completely empty, this way it doesnt matter and you shouldnt even notice anything.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I don't think I understand this request either. For me the whole process takes place in the back ground. I have no idea when it's happening, there is always just fresh guide data there.

The times when I have manually imported the guide, it only takes less than a minute, but that's because in Australia cable TV sucks and there is only six digital FTA channels, so I would say "Think yourself lucky" :)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    56 channels using WebEPG, with 14 Days takes 3-5 minutes for a full import of UK Freeview Channels.

WebEPG set to run once a week (just to be sure of full EPG + updated prog times) and only runs for 2 minutes downloading.

What's the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thank for your reply. I just happened to need to add another movie into that folder, when I did that, MovPictures automatically picked up the other movie.
    Thank for your reply. I just happened to need to add another movie into that folder, when I did that, MovPictures automatically...
    I added 3 movies, out of the 3 it picked up 2 and imported. I restarted MP multiple times but it still wouldn't pick it up. Added 2...
    Replies
    Views
    Ok some good news after much tearing out of hair lol as i refuse to be beaten at problem solving i managed to find out where EPG Collector gets its epg from and found it gets it from 'freesathome' so cribbed the settings from that and added the freesathome channel to the radio channels and selected that channel only to collect epg...
    Ok some good news after much tearing out of hair lol as i refuse to be beaten at problem solving i managed to find out where EPG...
    Hi folks Ive just started using epg collector to import uk freesat epg into mediaportal i have had good success with it so far and...
    Replies
    Views
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after restart. If you go to an episode and open the options and pick choose artwork then choose episode thumbnail it shows the correct thumbnail and says it is remote. Click on it and it goes local instantly and...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    Replies
    Views
    Also clear your "log" folder before running the import. In the backend importer (from the Configuration/Plugins/MovingPictures), there's a setting for ignored files you can try to disable. I'm using Mediaportal right now, so can't check exactly how it's worded. Emph
    Also clear your "log" folder before running the import. In the backend importer (from the Configuration/Plugins/MovingPictures)...
    Guys, I could really use some suggestions on this one. I've a large film collection that I've recently transferred over to a new...
    Replies
    Views
    I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    Whenever I go into the back end for Moving Pictures, it almost immediately hangs on the Movie Importer tab. If I want to go into...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom