Starting over...! (1 Viewer)

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Thanks PD, can you change the tick icon thing to a highlight, similar the the buttons in MovingPictures. I.e. highlight the line with the same fading image??

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Can do, good idea to... I'll see what I can do ;)

How about this...? More subtle than the list gfx because it's always the first focused control when going to the basic home screen;)

Attachments

• Untitled-1.png
      Untitled-1.png
      7.2 KB
    • Untitled-2.png
      Untitled-2.png
      7.5 KB

Fafnir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Weather background doesn't work

After that it looks for fanart in /skinname/media/animations/<imagepath> (movies is a, <imagepath>, music etc.)
    This will work for both indigo and monochrome.

Now I already changed it around a bit cause I thought it was stupid to have the bg control in there 2 times (which was needed to have the indigo look when there's no fanart), so on my current setup I also have fanart for news and the server button I use to wake the server if needed (which are just plain images instead of multiimages). So for me I always see fanart, do not use a mouse so all controls have their associated images.

Hello joz, hello everybody.

Unfortunately, my weather background with the fanartified Basichome doesn't work.
    I tried to set it to a specified imagepath (copied line from music bg control to that and linked to the folder "weather"); But doesn't work...

What do I have to do to get it working like it should? Where is this "weather.jpg" located and from where does it come?

Anyway: Thanks a lot for that nice code! Monochrome was a bit grey, but now it has some sublime and good looking gimmicks. Well done.:)

Regards, Fafnir.

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Fafnir

Personally I use x-factor weather images. My code looks for this;
    <skinname>/media/animations/weatherbg/<cur weather condition as number>/weather.jpg

Fafnir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Helpful, but now new problem!

@Fafnir

<skinname>/media/animations/weatherbg/<cur weather condition as number>/weather.jpg

Hey joz.
    Thanks for the support. Turns out that your description helped to debug that nice fanart thingi.
    Unfortunately, there is another obstacle, see attached picture: Weather icons now dispappeared from the Basichome weather pop-up.

Any idea? Did anyone meet this problem, too? I deleted the cache, checked for the icons, etc.

Attachments

• weatherbg.jpg
      weatherbg.jpg
      353.9 KB

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Fafnir

Hey joz.
    Thanks for the support. Turns out that your description helped to debug that nice fanart thingi.
    Unfortunately, there is another obstacle, see attached picture: Weather icons now dispappeared from the Basichome weather pop-up.

Any idea? Did anyone meet this problem, too? I deleted the cache, checked for the icons, etc.

This could be a problem of the infoservice plugin. I don't know why this happens. Can you tell me your steps until this problem occured?

Btw: I love the fanart layout. Could you upload your changes?

Fafnir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This could be a problem of the infoservice plugin. I don't know why this happens. Can you tell me your steps until this problem occured?

Hmm, this can be the reason.
    My changes are infact no changes. I just didn't know which format the weather background folder, but I installed the xfactor skin and took the folder from there. Now the background works, but the icons are gone...

Anyway, please find attached my basichome xml attached. I entered some German translation but it is not finished yet, because I wanted to change some links in it...
    My infoservice is the one delivered with the last version of Monochrome/ Indigo.

Sorry, have to leave know. Bye!

Attachments

• BasicHome.xml
      30.6 KB

Fafnir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Found the reason. It WAS the infoservice...Just copied again over the existing file and all was fine.

Users who are viewing this thread