SUGGESTION BOX: Additions for the Rename database system (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    You might have seen the known issue where search-node picks it up as-is (green circle), and then details-node corrects it afterwards (green circle with checkmark -- inside MovPic config, might look different in MovPic GUI importer).

I've considered it a wasted effort trying to get the English title as well during search-node, because it compounds an enourmous delay. Each movie import with 100 search-matches would add like 1 second per match, and a 200 second delay *PER* movie is just not something I could deal with, especially when it makes no difference to the end result.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Probably, it's good as it is. I think this function or one of the functions can cause crashes in mediaportal/moving pictures. If I am in movie list and send single movie to importer then go back to list, find another movie send that to importer. After going back and forth 5-10 times I can usually trigger a crash. It seems pretty random as to when it happens, but eventually it does. I don't see this as a major problem though.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Yeah, those random issues are a pain to solve... first step to solving a bug is ability to reproduce... that is why some IMDb+ bugs might go unnoticed until I'm able to reproduce them as well, so thankfully Amazon updated the server I connect to as well for IMDb or you would still not have English titles working :)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ^^
    johnny-depp-pirates-of-the-caribbean2.jpg

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Amazon is starting to :confused::mad::censored:

They changed the order around, now its country first, then title. I'm working on a quick fix first to only change the RegExp that deals with the new "(original title)" fix to deal with English titles for foreign users, but will have to look at things much deeper later as it impacts a lot more expressions.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Alien vs Predator Series

Currently renamed to:

AVP: Alien vs. Predator
    AVPR: Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem

Not sure if this is custom rename or just original titles, I think the later, but I'm not 100% sure.

Can I suggest

Alien vs. Predator
    Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem

<rename id="tt0370263" title="Alien vs. Predator" sortby="Alien vs. Predator 1" />
    <rename id="tt0758730" title="Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem" sortby="Alien vs. Predator 2" />

This is desirable because
    1. It will be listed next to the Alien series.
    2. The titles will be grouped together.

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Almost wanna include every movie in the rename database, because Amazon/IMDb keeps changing titles that worked fine before. Guess the user contributed part is the cause for that, so they need better editors.

Added to rename dbase, but didn't commit yet.

mediacowboy

Portal Pro
    May 5, 2012
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Homeward Bound 1 & 2 had to be fixed. The correction is as follow's.

<rename id="tt0107131" title="Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey" />
    <rename id="tt0116552" title="Homeward Bound 2: Lost in San Francisco" />

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I was looking at my collection today and noticed what seemed to be an odd sort of titles in the Riddick collection. While Pitch Black was the first film, it is a part of the The Chronicles of Riddick collection, and should be a sub-set of the larger collection, rather than the common header. Dark Fury fills in the gap between the events of Pitch Black and The Chronicles of Riddick, so is not really a prequel.

In my mind, it makes more sense to change the titles in the collection from:

<rename id="tt0134847" title="Pitch Black I" collection="The Chronicles of Riddick" />
    <rename id="tt0407658" title="Pitch Black II: Dark Fury (Prequel)" collection="The Chronicles of Riddick" sortby="Pitch Black Ib" />
    <rename id="tt0296572" title="Pitch Black II: The Chronicles Of Riddick" collection="The Chronicles of Riddick" />
    <rename id="tt1411250" title="Pitch Black III: Dead Man Stalking" collection="The Chronicles of Riddick" />

to:

<rename id="tt0134847" title="The Chronicles of Riddick I: Pitch Black" collection="The Chronicles of Riddick" />
    <rename id="tt0407658" title="The Chronicles of Riddick II: Dark Fury (animation)" collection="The Chronicles of Riddick" />
    <rename id="tt0296572" title="The Chronicles Of Riddick III" collection="The Chronicles of Riddick" />
    <rename id="tt1411250" title="The Chronicles Of Riddick IV: Dead Man Stalking" collection="The Chronicles of Riddick" />

I hope you can see my point and could include the changes.

Thanks.

Chuck

Users who are viewing this thread