SUGGESTION BOX: Additions for the Rename database system (1 Viewer)

vpupkin

Portal Pro
March 26, 2011
No problem, I don't mind adding an odd title in once in a while. In fact, I didn't have a need for it in a long time - and I have quite a few movies. IMDb+ as it is works surprisingly well for my needs; I would be more concerned that a rewrite breaks something that already works, rather than looking for some new / improved functionality ;)

vpupkin

Portal Pro
March 26, 2011
OK, this one is definitely for rename db:

<rename id="tt0250638" title="Tactical Unit 1: PTU" />
<rename id="tt1256635" title="Tactical Unit 2: The Code (Kei tung bou deui - Ging lai)" />
<rename id="tt1401663" title="Tactical Unit 3: No Way Out (Kei tung bou deui - Juet lou)" />
<rename id="tt1401664" title="Tactical Unit 4: Human Nature (Kei tung bou deui - Yan sing)" />
<rename id="tt1344008" title="Tactical Unit 5: Comrades in Arms (Kei tung bou deui - Tung pou)" />
<rename id="tt1403854" title="Tactical Unit 6: Partners (Kei tung bou deui - Fo pun)" />

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    No problem, I don't mind adding an odd title in once in a while. In fact, I didn't have a need for it in a long time - and I have quite a few movies. IMDb+ as it is works surprisingly well for my needs; I would be more concerned that a rewrite breaks something that already works, rather than looking for some new / improved functionality ;)

If it ain't broke, don't fix it :cool:

Because aside from minor quirks it (that usually have a workaround available), everything works very well. However IMDb+ has long gone be a project just for myself, so I do not mind at all to cater to other users as I would like them to enjoy their movie collection as much as I enjoy mine. And I don't mind a full rewrite to make it even more powerful, but have to be extremly careful not to break any actual function that everybody is used to right now.

OK, this one is definitely for rename db:

<rename id="tt0250638" title="Tactical Unit 1: PTU" />
    <rename id="tt1256635" title="Tactical Unit 2: The Code (Kei tung bou deui - Ging lai)" />
    <rename id="tt1401663" title="Tactical Unit 3: No Way Out (Kei tung bou deui - Juet lou)" />
    <rename id="tt1401664" title="Tactical Unit 4: Human Nature (Kei tung bou deui - Yan sing)" />
    <rename id="tt1344008" title="Tactical Unit 5: Comrades in Arms (Kei tung bou deui - Tung pou)" />
    <rename id="tt1403854" title="Tactical Unit 6: Partners (Kei tung bou deui - Fo pun)" />

Yup, added those for sure.

The movie order is messed up though, almost every movie in that list has a different followed-by order at imdb site. So I'll go with yours.

vpupkin

Portal Pro
    March 26, 2011
    More stuff (Japanese Ring, there are a couple of sequels as well):
    Code:
    <rename id="tt0235712" title="Ring 0: Birthday (Ringu 0: Bâsudei)" sortby="ring japanese 0" />
    <rename id="tt0178868" title="Ring (Ringu)" sortby="ring japanese 1" />

US remakes are already in the DB, but are sorted on "the ring xxx" (??? 'the' is usually dropped, I wouldn't be looking for the Ring under T).

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    More stuff (Japanese Ring, there are a couple of sequels as well):
    Code:
    <rename id="tt0235712" title="Ring 0: Birthday (Ringu 0: Bâsudei)" sortby="ring japanese 0" />
    <rename id="tt0178868" title="Ring (Ringu)" sortby="ring japanese 1" />

US remakes are already in the DB, but are sorted on "the ring xxx" (??? 'the' is usually dropped, I wouldn't be looking for the Ring under T).

Yes, in one new MovPic version it stopped applying the article remove system to the SortBy entries I apply via IMDb+.

I'm totally remaking everything and so far I'm still heading towards implementing my own article remove system. Unfortunatly this seems like double work, but it will finally allow me to also fix a bug about wanting to remove "part I" correctly on initial import and not have to do it on a refresh.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    <rename id="tt0046183" title="Peter Pan (Cartoon) I" /> This entry already exist minus the roman numeral
    <rename id="tt0280030" title="Peter Pan (Cartoon) II: Return to Never Land" />

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    <rename id="tt0046183" title="Peter Pan (Cartoon) I" /> This entry already exist minus the roman numeral
    <rename id="tt0280030" title="Peter Pan (Cartoon) II: Return to Never Land" />

The original entry was made to seperate it from the "Peter Pan (2003)" movie so the conflict of sharing the same title is resolved. So if you prefer I can just go forward with:

<rename id="tt0046183" title="Peter Pan I" />
    <rename id="tt0280030" title="Peter Pan II: Return to Never Land" />

The cartoon part is then differentiated the normal way via genre == animation. Problem then is if you have removal of Roman Numeral settings enabled, you are back to title conflict if you have the 2003 movie which causes issues with fanarts.

Since the cartoon was the first movie with that title, that would normally be the way I go about it, but since you found this suggestion you have the choice :)

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Im personally leaning towards (cartoon) in the title, but im happy either way you choose to implement it ;)

Users who are viewing this thread