SUGGESTION BOX: Additions for the Rename database system (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Got bored. Definately got the last of them..

1)
    So. I would like to group these movies
    - I know what you did last summer
    - I still know what you did last summer
    - I'll always know what you did last summer
    I'm thinking..
    What you did last summer I: I know
    What you did last simmer II: I still know
    What you did last summer III: I'll always know
    What do you think??

I added them a little different via:

<rename id="tt0119345" title="Last Summer I: I Know What You Did..." sortby="I Know What You Did Last Summer 01" />
    <rename id="tt0130018" title="Last Summer II: I Still Know What You Did..." sortby="I Know What You Did Last Summer 02" />
    <rename id="tt0469111" title="Last Summer III: I'll Always Know What You Did..." sortby="I Know What You Did Last Summer 03" />

so "Last Summer" is the prefix, which I did shorter on purpose to benefit skins with not much room for titles. By overruling the sortby order, they still show up where "I know what you did last summer" would have gone without any renaming.

2)
    Cinderella needs a I (this is the disney animation)

-- Added, including entire series

3)
    Das Boot is driving me mad. I want this to be called Das Boot and not keep getting renamed to The Boat. It's DAS BOOT and its a classic!! :) What can I do?

-- Added, a recently added Philipine title made this happen, because it imported as "Das Boot" for me

4)
    Jeepers Creepers needs a I

-- Added, including 3rd movie due next year

5)
    I have two movies called Drive..tt0116147 and tt0780504. Anyway to seperate them slightly so that they can get their correct fanart?

-- Added the 1996 movie as "Drive (Classic)" which is in line with the way I've solved this problem for other duplicated title movies that share no plot/cast/etc.

6)
    I'd like to do renaming on these, I'm not sure where the current naming is coming from because it doesn't look like its the imdb title but anyway..
    - Stargate: The Ark of Truth
    - Stargate: Continuum
    - Stargate: Children Of The Gods

to

- Stargate SG1 I: The Ark of Truth
    - Stargate SG1 II: Continuum
    - Stargate SG1 III: Children of the Gods

Currently they do wierd things like #1 and #2.. Not sure why.

This is one of those entries I overlooked that was an old one that I copied and pasted from the custom rename database to the default one without paying attention to the changed syntax later :)

That 3rd one actually is a re-imagining of the pilot and has nothing to do with the series of the 2 movies, but being positioned in 3rd place now that the next planned movie got cancelled for real makes no difference to me. So for your help in reporting all these missing entries, I've added it as such :)

Keep in mind that you have full control on a custom rename database file that you can overrule/adjust any default rename with if you prefer it anyway way. Start Menu -> All Porgrams -> Team MediaPortal -> MediaPortal -> "User Files" -> goto "IMDb+" folder -> open the "Rename dBase IMDb+ Scraper (Custom).xml" file in notepad or something alike and add as many entries as you want. For example I got the following entries in mine (amongst many others):

<rename id="tt0076363" title="Winnie the Pooh: The Many Adventures" />
    <rename id="tt0119918" title="Winnie the Pooh: The Search for Christopher Robin" />
    <rename id="tt0407121" title="Winnie the Pooh: Pooh's Heffalump Movie" />
    <rename id="tt0220099" title="Winnie the Pooh: The Tigger Movie" />
    As I don't care for any series ordering (there really isn't one), but wanted to group the movies together, as the 3-year old from next door loves Winnie, and it was easier to rename the titles with IMDb+ and find them quick via "Animation" genre (and using up-arrow to skip to end of list) then to add a new custom category in MovPic configuration.

Enjoy v1.3.3 of default rename database :cool:

PS: Make that v1.3.4, noticed a very bad XML typo that had sneaked in on previous version which had the potential to disable/break the IMDb+ rename system.

Last edited:

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks Rochess :)

Does the custom rename xml override the automatic renaming? Maybe something I will look at, but for the most part I'd rather channel the energy into reporting it here so everyone can enjoy the updates as well. Maybe I will mass rename the 'Cartoons' to 'Animiation' because I'm a bit anal like that lol.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Yes, the IMDb+ scraper will first obtain the title from imdb.com website, and if you have secondary language enabled it will obtain and use the foreign title.

But then if the default rename database finds a match on the IMDb tt-ID, it will overrule anything it has done with that (which is why foreign users are still stuck with English titles if the movie is part of the default rename database).

Then the custom rename database is used that can be used for custom rename entries or to overrule the default rename ones you do not like.

And finally the Special Editon tagging is added, so that even the rename database entries can support those.

PS: Keep in mind that I did upgrade the syntax of the default rename database to add proper support for original titles. This makes it a little harder to copy-n-paste entries from the default rename database into your custom one and then edit them. However if you just take a look at the top-comment section, the syntax on both is explained and it is pretty easy to understand what is required so you can make the nessesarry adjustments if needed.

Just be aware that any changes made to the default rename database will be overruled by the IMDb+ plugin when it auto-updates it on detection of a new version, which is why the whole custom rename database was brought into play.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    This forum does my head in sometimes.. why do I find myself replying to old, earlier posts?

lol, glad to know it is not just me, I've caught myself a few times on that, finally noticing that the pageination indicator is not on the 'last' page. That "Go To First Unread" button thankfully helps though.

Matt Kirby

Portal Member
    June 14, 2009
    Home Country
    Hi,

A suggestion for the James Bond series - I think Never Say Never Again (the unofficial one) should be listed as 13b rather than 14b - as both Octopussy and Never Say Never Again were released in 1983, with A View To A Kill released in 1985.

At the moment it's:
    <rename id="tt0086034" title="James Bond XIII: Octopussy" sortby="James Bond 13" />
    <rename id="tt0090264" title="James Bond XIV: A View to a Kill" sortby="James Bond 14" />
    <rename id="tt0086006" title="James Bond XIV: Never Say Never Again (Unofficial)" sortby="James Bond 14b" />

I think it should be:
    <rename id="tt0086034" title="James Bond XIII: Octopussy" sortby="James Bond 13" />
    <rename id="tt0086006" title="James Bond XIII: Never Say Never Again (Unofficial)" sortby="James Bond 13b" />
    <rename id="tt0090264" title="James Bond XIV: A View to a Kill" sortby="James Bond 14" />

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Matt, reason I put it at the spot where it is at, is because when you watch the movies all in order I wanted the shock of actor change to be as limited as possible.
    1. Sean Connery
    2. George Lazenby
    3. Sean Connery ("Diamonds Are Forever")
    4. Roger Moore
    5. Sean Connery (unofficial one)
    6. Timothy Dalton
    7. Pierce Brosnan
    8. Daniel Craig
    If I go by your order, we get the same crappy scenario as what occured with George Lazenby followed again by Sean Connery, and would have resulted in the more comedic styled Roger Moore show up again following that unofficial one (which was more strict again). Except in the first case it actually worked as some fans would like to forget the one done by George anyway, so the followup by Sean kinda makes up for that :)

PS: I actually liked the Lazenby one, but then again I've been in love with the Bond series when I discovered the Betamax tape my dad had of "From Russia with Love" as a kid and played it a gazillion times. For a long time I thought that was the first one of the series actually ;)

PPS: You can of course still use your order, via the custom rename rules by adding the unofficial Bond as 13b.

Matt Kirby

Portal Member
    June 14, 2009
    Home Country
    Thanks for that, as the unofficial one isn't intended to be part of the rest of the James Bond films I agree it is a bit tricky to know how to fit it in!

I've already added in the unofficial one as 13b using the custom system, which I do like for those series of films where there is no obvious way of ordering them (such as the Marvel series). When there is nothing obvious I tend to go for a simple year of release.

vpupkin

Portal Pro
    March 26, 2011
    No sure if it's for rename thread, or for the scraper itself, but The Illusionist (2010) /tt0775489/ is picked up as L'illusionniste . My setup is such that I would expect it to be imported as The Illusionist (L'illusionniste). This works for pretty much all other titles, but not for this one.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    No sure if it's for rename thread, or for the scraper itself, but The Illusionist (2010) /tt0775489/ is picked up as L'illusionniste. My setup is such that I would expect it to be imported as The Illusionist (L'illusionniste). This works for pretty much all other titles, but not for this one.

[edit[: lol, i need to read better. It should indeed import as how you expect it (as it has done so for me). Do you get it on a fresh re-import as well?

[edit #2]: ok, this is weird, because I have that exact same movie imported in my collection as you expected it, but when I try to import as 'new', it indeed fails. IMDb+ is detecting the original title as a valid English title, because it shows UK as production country and English as spoken language. Somebody must have changed the order or added entries on that part, because otherwise it would have not imported correct for me originally.

I'm planning major changes however to the entire English detection system that IMDb+ uses (so I can also incorporate better support for foreign users), so I don't want to add this movie to the rename database (as it is supposed to be for movie-series and title-diplicates), so please add it to your custom rename file for the time being, and I'll use this movie as test-case for my new IMDb+ English title detection system.

Unfortunatly no timetable on when I'll be finished, I'm juggling a lot of things at the same time, and it is excruciating work to ensure a whole new rewrite is as stable as IMDb+ has been lately (well aside from this title :cool:).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread