SUGGESTION BOX: Additions for the Rename database system (2 Viewers)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    The last one is not listed as "connected", but it's named "A Golden Christmas 3" and it's not connected to anything else

Seems that was a 'TV' movie, but if you look at comments/etc, it is a clear sequel to the others, so nice catch.

Added them and are available in v1.5.5 (as well as a few other entries I caught, such as future Bourne V, etc)

Bernard

Portal Pro
    March 5, 2012
    Centurion
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    (y) Wow what a plugin!

Some new ones:
    Code:
    <rename id="tt0099785" title="Home Alone I" />
    <rename id="tt0104431" title="Home Alone II: Lost in New York" />
    <rename id="tt0119303" title="Home Alone III" />
    <rename id="tt0329200" title="Home Alone IV" />
    [DOUBLEPOST=1356943039][/DOUBLEPOST]Update Suggestion:

Code:
    <rename id="tt0078748" title="Alien I: Alien" sortby="Alien 01" />
    <rename id="tt0090605" title="Alien II: Aliens" sortby="Alien 02" />
    <rename id="tt0103644" title="Alien III: Alien³" sortby="Alien 03" />
    <rename id="tt0118583" title="Alien IV: Alien Resurrection" sortby="Alien 04" />

Reason:
    "Alien Incursion" (tt0448001) puts itself right inbetween "Alien III" en "Alien IV" and that's just not cool![DOUBLEPOST=1356944323][/DOUBLEPOST]Additions:
    Code:
    <rename id="tt0112453" title="Balto I" />
    <rename id="tt0281634" title="Balto II: Wolf Quest" />
    <rename id="tt0423849" title="Balto III: Wings of Change" />

Bernard

Portal Pro
    March 5, 2012
    Centurion
    Home Country
    Additions:
    Code:
    <rename id="tt0317676" title="House of the Dead I" />
    <rename id="tt0435665" title="House of the Dead II" />

Code:
    <rename id="tt0089175" title="Fright Night I" />
    <rename id="tt0097390" title="Fright Night II" />
    <rename id="tt1438176" title="Fright Night (Remake) I" />
    <rename id="tt2486630" title="Fright Night (Remake) II" />
    [DOUBLEPOST=1356945719][/DOUBLEPOST]Additions:
    Code:
    <rename id="tt0119190" title="George of the Jungle I" />
    <rename id="tt0322389" title="George of the Jungle II" />
    [DOUBLEPOST=1356945985][/DOUBLEPOST]Additions:
    Code:
    <rename id="tt0048280" title="Lady and the Tramp I" />
    <rename id="tt0249677" title="Lady and the Tramp II: Scamp's Adventure" />

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    (y) Wow what a plugin!

Some new ones:

Thank you.

I commited Home Alone ones (v1.5.7), then I was going to reply to you and noticed the Alien suggestion, so commited that one (v1.5.8). But now I see a whole new batch. So let me know when you have gone through your entire collection so I only have to do it once more :)

Bernard

Portal Pro
    March 5, 2012
    Centurion
    Home Country
    Additions:
    Code:
    <rename id="tt0117060" title="Mission Impossible I" />
    <rename id="tt0120755" title="Mission Impossible II: M:i-2" />
    <rename id="tt0317919" title="Mission Impossible III: M:i:III" />
    <rename id="tt1229238" title="Mission Impossible IV: Ghost Protocol" />
    <rename id="tt2381249" title="Mission Impossible V" />
    [DOUBLEPOST=1356946583][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I commited Home Alone ones (v1.5.7), then I was going to reply to you and noticed the Alien suggestion, so commited that one (v1.5.8). But now I see a whole new batch. So let me know when you have gone through your entire collection so I only have to do it once more :)

My sincere apology! I AM going through my list of movies and adding them as I go... really really sorry, was hoping you will be sleeping or beginning your new years party!

I will post the whole list when I'm done... I thought that each batch would have concerns of their own... like you would not agree or want to add every one, or suggest something else.[DOUBLEPOST=1356947351][/DOUBLEPOST]What would you suggest in this case:

tt0114202 - Public Enemies (Video 1996)
    tt1152836 - Public Enemies (2009)

(Both are named "Public Enemies" in MovPic)

It seems like the same script, just a "remake". Would we say:
    tt0114202 - Public Enemies (Original)
    tt1152836 - Public Enemies

or

tt0114202 - Public Enemies
    tt1152836 - Public Enemies (Remake)

With 1700 entries under your belt you must have a system for almost every case!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    My sincere apology! I AM going through my list of movies and adding them as I go... really really sorry, was hoping you will be sleeping or beginning your new years party!

I will post the whole list when I'm done... I thought that each batch would have concerns of their own... like you would not agree or want to add every one, or suggest something else.

No problem at all.

All the ones you suggested are proper movie series, so there is no reason for me to argue agains them. Infact I found a 5th Home Alone movie as well that I added when verifying them real quick.

But your last addition is already in the default one as per:

Code:
     <rename id="tt0117060" title="Mission: Impossible I" />
     <rename id="tt0120755" title="Mission: Impossible II" />
     <rename id="tt0317919" title="Mission: Impossible III" />
     <rename id="tt1229238" title="Mission: Impossible IV - Ghost Protocol" />
     <rename id="tt2381249" title="Mission: Impossible V" />

Now you might prefer your naming scheme, but that is why there is the "Rename dBase IMDb+ Scraper (Custom).xml" option for you to go wild with :)

The 'first' movie is what mainly decide the naming scheme for me, and they call it "Mission: Impossible" for that one. I am however working on a new enhancement of IMDb+ that will offer an acronym option for long title movies. For example "Lord of the Rings" becomes "LotR" and this series then uses "M:I". Still playing around with that, because while a long title such as "The Lord of the Rings I: Fellowship of the Ring" benefits from being named "LotR I: Fellowship of the Ring" to mimimize horizontal title scrolling, it is less of an issue on the M:I series. But somebody else might want it for all movie-series titles that actually use acronyms, with M:I being the perfect example.

Right now my idea is to offer an additional option to configure the amount of letters a title has to be before the acronym would then be used (if one exists), with 20 as the default setting. This would then skip M:I by default, but work for LotR, PotC, NoES, CotC, D&D, LC:TR, RotLD, TCoN, and F&tF.

Am kinda awaiting for MovingPictures Titan skin and see how many characters will be reserved for titles before horizontal scrolling is required.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    (Both are named "Public Enemies" in MovPic)

I usually go by popularity in IMDb search results, combined with ratings of the movie and a rough idea on what majority of users expect.

In this case the "Public Enemies (2009)" is bound to be in majority of users collection and most will never have the 1996 version in their collection. My preference is then to not let those users even notice anything, so the 2009 version keeps the title as-is. This means the 1996 would cause a conflict and has to be renamed.

Terms I've used are (<country-of-origin>), (TV), (Original), (Classic), (Cult), (Remake), (Reboot), and a few more.

The 2009 version is not a (Remake) of the 1996 one; it is a total new script which also leaves out (Original). I reserve the (Reboot) term for movie-series that are redone from scratch.

So then I prefer to go with (Classic) to indicate it is an older version of the same story. However the very low 2.8 rating does allow usage of (Cult) as well.

Since you are the one who brought up the title conflict, you get to pick; (Classic) or (Cult).

With 1700 entries under your belt you must have a system for almost every case!

It borderlines the insane sometimes indeed, especially when some series get a reboot on the remake. However it is a little bit of effort that goes a long way for a lot of users (almost 30k now if the Google code download counter is accurate). All the rename entries used to be 100% based on my own collection, but that has long since not been the case anymore. Adding series/title-conflicts for other users is still interesting for myself as well, because it sometimes introduces me to new movies or reminds me to dig up an oldie I forgot about.

Bernard

Portal Pro
    March 5, 2012
    Centurion
    Home Country

I moved/duplicated our discussion to a new thread as this seems to a nice topic that is not really a "Suggestion" of a new entry. I don't want to spur a new off topic discussion in this thread.

New Thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/imdb-naming-convention-of-movie-series.115206/[DOUBLEPOST=1356951199][/DOUBLEPOST]Spelling:
    Code:
    <rename id="tt0088323" title="The NeverEnding Story I" />
    <rename id="tt0100240" title="The NeverEnding Story II: The Next Chapter" />
    <rename id="tt0110647" title="The NeverEnding Story III: Escape from Fantasia" />

In all the cover art, you can see the title being spelled with a capital "E" as in "NeverEnding". I'm also going to suggest a fix to the IMDb website title. Although the current spelling is the same as IMDb.[DOUBLEPOST=1356951543][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Spelling:
    Code:
    <rename id="tt0088323" title="The NeverEnding Story I" />
    <rename id="tt0100240" title="The NeverEnding Story II: The Next Chapter" />
    <rename id="tt0110647" title="The NeverEnding Story III: Escape from Fantasia" />

In all the cover art, you can see the title being spelled with a capital "E" as in "NeverEnding". I'm also going to suggest a fix to the IMDb website title. Although the current spelling is the same as IMDb.

Ok, this seems only the case for the 2nd series, the 3rd's cover art has the different spelling. I'll just keep this update in my custom list then. (I don't like the difference in the same series).

Bernard

Portal Pro
    March 5, 2012
    Centurion
    Home Country
    Suggested Change:
    Code:
    <rename id="tt0066765" title="Monty Python's I: And Now for Something Completely Different" />
    <rename id="tt0071853" title="Monty Python's II: The Holy Grail" />
    <rename id="tt0079470" title="Monty Python's III: Life of Brian" />
    <rename id="tt0085959" title="Monty Python's IV: The Meaning of Life" />

The first sequence "And Now for Something Completely Different" was left out and should be first (based on the release year). So if this is accepted, it requires that all the entries must be moved ahead one number at a time.[DOUBLEPOST=1356953873][/DOUBLEPOST]I have "suggested" all the series that I could find in my list that was not yet part of the rename script, so for now I'm done, untill I find some entries I may have missed!

Attached is my complete list, for reasons for each entry check the previous posts, please check the validity of the entries based on your (RoChess) "system".

Most of the entries are "old" movies/cartoons, so a lot of people will not even notice them :)

Thanks again for this awesome plugin!

Attachments

• Rename dBase IMDb+ Scraper (Custom).xml
      2.8 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    The first sequence "And Now for Something Completely Different" was left out and should be first (based on the release year).

That movie is a collage of TV segments that is not considered a "proper" movie in the series. However I've added it as 'I' as well, which due to alphabetical order of subtitle will put it first. I didn't even knew (or rather forgot) they had released a collage movie of the TV series.

All your other suggestions are pretty much accepted as-is, and are now part of v1.6.0 of default rename database.

Enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread