SUGGESTION BOX: Additions for the Rename database system (2 Viewers)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have a few titles that have fanart and/or cover issues.

suggested:

<rename id="tt0021884" title="Frankenstein (Universal)" />
    <rename id="tt0049366" title="Invasion of the Body Snatchers (Original)" />
    <rename id="tt0077745" title="Invasion of the Body Snatchers (Remake)" />
    <rename id="tt0057197" title="Jason and the Argonauts (Original)" />
    <rename id="tt0217579" title="Jason and the Argonauts (TV)" />
    <rename id="tt0023245" title="The Mummy (Universal)" />
    <rename id="tt0053085" title="The Mummy (Hammer)" />
    <rename id="tt0016220" title="The Phantom of the Opera (Classic)" />
    <rename id="tt0293508" title="The Phantom of the Opera (Musical)" />

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I have a few titles that have fanart and/or cover issues.

Ok, all added (keep an eye out for v1.4.8 update via IMDb+ Info):

<rename id="tt0109836" title="Frankenstein (Remake)" />
    <rename id="tt0049366" title="Invasion of the Body Snatchers (Original)" />
    <rename id="tt0217579" title="Jason and the Argonauts (TV)" />
    <rename id="tt0053085" title="The Mummy (TV)" />
    <rename id="tt0056347" title="The Phantom of the Opera (Musical)" />
    <rename id="tt0098090" title="The Phantom of the Opera (Classic)" />
    <rename id="tt0086101" title="The Phantom of the Opera (Remake)" />
    <rename id="tt0100361" title="The Phantom of the Opera (TV)" />
    <rename id="tt0220699" title="The Phantom of the Opera (Live)" />
    <rename id="tt0829262" title="The Phantom of the Opera (Cartoon)" />

The Boris classic of Frankenstein is higher rated, so instead of renaming that to "(original)" I went for the remake. If your personal preference is otherwise, then add both to your custom one. The others only needed a single entry and I found a few more for the Phantom.

The IMDb+ workaround fix for artwork only works when movies are freshly imported, so you do have to sent all related movies (even the ones ommited that share the same title) back to the importer and then IMDb+ will sort it out :)

If you got any more questions, do not hessitate to ask.

Last edited:

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I disagree that The Mummy should be designated as (TV)... it was a (Remake) by Hammer Horror Films of the Universal Studios production. Most collectors of classic horror films will understand the (Hammer) and (Universal) notations. But (Remake) would probably be more appropriate.

Chuck

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I disagree that The Mummy should be designated as (TV)... it was a (Remake) by Hammer Horror Films of the Universal Studios production. Most collectors of classic horror films will understand the (Hammer) and (Universal) notations. But (Remake) would probably be more appropriate.

Chuck

My bad :(

That was supposed to show (UK)

updated: v1.4.9

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    <rename id="tt1166827" title="Zeitgeist I: The Movie" sortby="Zeitgeist 1" />
    <rename id="tt1332128" title="Zeitgeist II: Addendum" sortby="Zeitgeist 2" />
    <rename id="tt1781069" title="Zeitgeist III: Moving Forward" sortby="Zeitgeist 3" />

Reference: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    <rename id="tt1166827" title="Zeitgeist I: The Movie" sortby="Zeitgeist 1" />
    <rename id="tt1332128" title="Zeitgeist II: Addendum" sortby="Zeitgeist 2" />
    <rename id="tt1781069" title="Zeitgeist III: Moving Forward" sortby="Zeitgeist 3" />

Added as:

<rename id="tt1166827" title="Zeitgeist I: The Movie" />
    <rename id="tt1332128" title="Zeitgeist II: Addendum" />
    <rename id="tt1781069" title="Zeitgeist III: Moving Forward" />
    <rename id="tt1965308" title="Zeitgeist IV: Beyond the Pale" />
    to v1.5.0, enjoy.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Here is another set

<rename id="tt0117407" title="Pusher I" />
    <rename id="tt0396184" title="Pusher II: With Blood On My Hands" />
    <rename id="tt0425379" title="Pusher III: I'm The Angel Of Death" />
    <rename id="tt1921070" title="Pusher (UK Remake)" />
    <rename id="tt1082075" title="Pusher (Indian Remake)" />

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Here is another set

Done, except I used (UK) and (India) to stay in line with other entries.

Just to reclarify, inside IMDb+ plugin options (inside MediaPortal GUI, not config) you can pop up the hidden menu and use "IMDb+ Info..." to find out the version of your current rename database version. By default it updates once every 24 hours, but you can adjust this via settings.

v1.5.1 is what you want for the Pusher series.

Users who are viewing this thread