Swedish/Foreign titles still used when IMDb+ is configured to use English ones (1 Viewer)

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @jake78, I've released v4.5.6, let me know if that fixes it for you.

Tried the new version aswell, and for my first movie i tried, it worked (taken 2) however, every other try failed. here the logs for "50 First Dates", the one i tried before and gave you my logs in the other thread. if you need anything else, i will add that aswell. also, if you need somebody to contact more direct, irc or so, to test stuff, just let me know :). Thanks

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @jake78, I was hoping that the wrong movie getting auto-approved was part of the problem, so at least that "fringe" case is resolved.

Now I'll have to look at your log file and see if I can fix the English title problem.

@Lightning303, i need all 7 files for me to debug this issue and your movpic.log file does not appear to be scraper-debug enabled. But jake78 file should allow me to find out the next bug and hopefully squash it

Last edited:

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Lightning303, i need all 7 files for me to debug this issue and your movpic.log file does not appear to be scraper-debug enabled. But jake78 file should allow me to find out the next bug and hopefully squash it

I have no idea why the log is getting smaller and smaller, but debug was enabled. i atteched the 6 html codes from imdb, if you need them.

Attachments

• 1.txt
      180.7 KB
    • 2.txt
      62.5 KB
    • 3.txt
      64.9 KB
    • 4.txt
      180.7 KB
    • 5.txt
      62.4 KB
    • 6.txt
      64.8 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Thank you, but I think I already figured it out.

Was able to spot a tiny difference between my USA based version of IMDb website, versus @jake78 version in Sweden.

Released v4.7.1 (made mistake in numbering and 4.5.6 was released as 4.6.5, so I had to dual correct hence v4.7.1)

Let me know if that one finally fixes it.

jake78

Portal Pro
    July 30, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Unfortunately it behaves differently today. Now it won't auto accept at all (this could be because I updated the movpic plugin to v1.5). If I pick the correct movie it still changes to the Swedish title.
    I've attached a new log file.

Here are some of the settings in iMDB+:
    Use the original title from the movie = off
    Add the foreign title = on

I've also tried with the foreign title off with the same result.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    This is starting to %^#$@ me off :mad:

Looks like IMDb changed search page results for you versus what I see, so please get me HTML source on: http://akas.imdb.com/find?s=tt&q=Platoon

The search node is failing to find a match via Regular Expression code that has worked for months now (after IMDb changed search system). Unfortunatly new MovPic hides the HTML source now in scraper-debug mode, so there is no way for me to check anymore without you manually providing it.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    For fun I verified it with USA search page, and to my shock and supprise, IMDb once again made HTML source changes (the cat and mouse game never ends).

So try v4.7.2 as I've compensated for it.

The reason it failed for you before, was because IMDb+ could not find any results at all, so default imdb.com scraper-script took over for you, which does not contain the English title fixes IMDb+ has.

To always see what scraper-script ends up getting used, use the gear icon pull down menu inside importer tab and select the option to always show data source. That way in the future you can assist me faster if IMDb+ fails :)

Users who are viewing this thread