TBS 6984 Quad Tuner DVB-S/S2 PCIe Card Review (1 Viewer)

chrik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hey Raintree_conty. Did you find out if 2x cards will work with MP? I think I might go for this solution in 2-3months from now. When I get the money, but I do need MP to support 2/1 diseqc first. :)

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I currently have 3 x TBS6981 cards in my HTPC. Have just ordered a TBS6984 to replace 2 of the TBS6981's so I can free up a PCIe slot for a PERC 6/i card...

mm1352000 Happy to test diseqc patch when available - I have 5 tuners on fixed dish, and 1 tuner on USALS motor.

Cheers :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi psykix

If you're referring to the DiSEqC patch for the TBS6984 then no need to test - MP should just work. This is because TBS made some changes in their 6984 driver which made the DiSEqC interface identical to the 6980/6981 interface. If the 698x cards work for you then so should the 6984. :)

mm

shummi

Portal Pro
    February 24, 2010
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    raintree_county

I have tried the new driver 1.0.1.3 for TBS6984 (from 25-09-2011), with my 2/1 DiSeq,
    but it dosent change the ports , it only finds one of the sattelites.

/Jesper

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Jesper

Have you got some logs to show us please?
    Also, what are the commands for switching between the two ports?

mm

shummi

Portal Pro
    February 24, 2010
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    mm1352000

God damn you reply quickly :)

1. i am using unsupported plugin (MDAPI) so i will have to deactivate it before I can create logs.
    is there any special log you need, or is it all of them?
    2. I am using "Simple A" and "Simple B" in Diseq to switch, I don't know more than that.

/Jesper

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Only when I'm awake. :D

1. i am using unsupported plugin (MDAPI) so i will have to deactivate it before I can create logs.
    Just the tv.log really in this case.

2. I am using "Simple A" and "Simple B" in Diseq to switch, I don't know more than that.
    Ahhhh, that might be the problem. You should try [off the top of my head here while I'm at work] AA and BB.

burton666

Portal Member
    March 21, 2006
    Only when I'm awake. :D

Just the tv.log really in this case.

Ahhhh, that might be the problem. You should try [off the top of my head here while I'm at work] AA and BB.

I have the same problem. I have a TBS 6984 witch is connected to two quattro LNB's through a multiswitch (9/4).

I only get the channels of one of the satellites, I have tried both simple A/B and AA/AB (And various other configurations)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi burton666

What commands does the multiswitch require to switch between the two satellites? Perhaps you could specify the brand and model number so that I can check the manual...

mm

Users who are viewing this thread