Tool for getting Dutch Tvguide (1 Viewer)

zendur

Portal Member
December 14, 2004
Netherlands
Je moet er voor zorgen dat het .xml bestand "tvguide.XML" (zonder de aanhalingstekens :wink: ) gaat heten. Anders doet MP er niks mee. Als hij zo genoemd is zal MP zien dat er een tvgids geladen kan worden en zal deze dan importeren.

A

Anonymous

zendur said:
Je moet er voor zorgen dat het .xml bestand "tvguide.XML" (zonder de aanhalingstekens :wink: ) gaat heten. Anders doet MP er niks mee. Als hij zo genoemd is zal MP zien dat er een tvgids geladen kan worden en zal deze dan importeren.

hi
is it possible to talk english?

greets
agree

X

X-Freak

murky123 said:
1. zorg dat je in de .ini file aangeeft dat je het bestand tvguide.xml noemt en niets anders (tvgids.xml ziet MP niet als een tvguide!!).

(tvgids.xml ziet MP niet als een tvguide!!)
deze snap ik nie helemaal ????

Ja ik vind het ook zeer lastig, ik kan niet eens een tvguide.XML bestand vinden op mijn harddisk. Ik heb ook TVgids_to_XML. Ik zie enkeld wat readme's en een .ini bestand. Maar waar nu dat .XML bestand staat geen idee ?????

Pentium 4 HT
2x 250 GB Maxtors
1024 RAM
Geforce 6800 GT 256 MB
2x pinnacle PCTV pro (IR remote)
Trust 7.1 DTS Sound Expert Pro
LAN : 8192 donwloadstream, 2048 upload stream

A

Anonymous

It's about a tool for the dutch tvguide (see first post for a link) the rest is for trouble shooting. Sorry that my fellow country men don't honnour the forum etiquette.

Personaly I don't use the build in epg grabbing option. I read in the read me from xmltv that they had problems with spaces in the path, as MP does. I installed it separate in a path (c:\xmtltv) without spaces and use a batch file to copy the guide to MP. Works for me.

The problem seems that most users see the 'channel' as the preset and not as the number it has on the website. For Holland you need to enter the frequencies manualy. I would like to see an export function for that. With the current rate of new releases I have to do this every two weeks.

Nederlandse gebruikers: Dit is een Engels talig forum, hou je daar aan. Ik weet dat het soms makkelijker is om Nederlands te praten, maar met Engels hebben andere gebruikers er misschien ook nog wat aan.

Enlish: Please switch to English as some other users may have some use for the tips.

Knalsmurf

Portal Member
October 16, 2005
The Haque, Netherlands
Hi there

For all those foks having a fight with the dutch tvgids_to_ xml here is the most important thing you should think of in order to succesfully use it!

Rename in the file tvgids_to_xml.ini (open it with notepad or kladblok in dutch) the output file to tvguide.xml
te result line will then look like this:

TotalEpgFileName=[CURRENTDIR]\TVGuide.xml

Media portal will simply never find an outputfile named tvgids.xml

Good luck!
:eek: :wink:
Knalsmurf

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi Guys,

For all those having problems with tvgids_to_xml try WebEPG. (Even thos not having problems with tvgids_to_xml should try it).

- Same support for tvgids.nl
    - Easy configuration
    - Faster

Need I say more ;)

Cheers,

/James

Users who are viewing this thread