Tool for getting Dutch Tvguide (1 Viewer)

Knalsmurf

Portal Member
October 16, 2005
The Haque, Netherlands
WEBepg

HI,

WEBepg might have advantages, but I could only retrieve 3 days guide-info in advance for Ned 1 ,Ned 2 and Ned 3... compared to the 6 days which TVgids_to_XML seems to be able to retrieve it is a rather weak competitor.

--Knalsmurf

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Re: WEBepg

Hi,
    Knalsmurf said:
    WEBepg might have advantages, but I could only retrieve 3 days guide-info in advance for Ned 1 ,Ned 2 and Ned 3... compared to the 6 days which TVgids_to_XML seems to be able to retrieve it is a rather weak competitor.
    While I still use TVGids_to_XML, I don't believe it's able to support grabbing more than 3 days off tvgids.nl. Why? because tvgids.nl only allows for "today", "tomorrow" and "the day after tomorrow" (and "yesterday", but that's irrelevant). See http://www.tvgids.nl/zoeken/uitgebreid.php.

Maybe the configuration of TVGids_to_XML allows you to specify more days, but as far as I can see this only results in "the day after tomorrow" is grabbed for all days after that day. Which leads to incorrect EPG data. This is exactly what I noticed when grabbing more than 3 days with TVGids_to_XML.

Try it yourself. Go to the search page, choose the last possible day and choose a station. Next, click on "Zoeken". After that, change the parameter "interval" in the URL from "2" to "3" (or even higher) and see what happens.

So, WebEPG still sounds like a good alternative to me. I haven't looked into it yet, but I hope it also supports the same caching as TVGids_to_XML does. Now if I just found the time to try it... ;)

Kind regards,
    Michel

Knalsmurf

Portal Member
    October 16, 2005
    The Haque, Netherlands

Hello...

scoop said:
    While I still use TVGids_to_XML, I don't believe it's able to support grabbing more than 3 days off tvgids.nl. Why? because tvgids.nl only allows for "today", "tomorrow" and "the day after tomorrow" (and "yesterday", but that's irrelevant). See http://www.tvgids.nl/zoeken/uitgebreid.php.

When I just checked things out in Media Portal I was able to see what'll be broadcasted comming Friday: "nova politiek vrijdag 21-10 23.20-0.05".
    So it is possible with TVgids_to_xml! :?

I remember this afternoon reading an article of an update of TVgids_to_XML fixing the 3 days problem. You should check if you have the latest build. At this moment I use version 1.23.0 build 77 (you can check this in the provided tvgids_to_xml_readme.txt file)
    http://www.cask-of-amontillado.com/files/TVGids_to_xml.zip

...searching for the best grabber on the web,

Knalsmurf
    :wink:

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004

Hi!
    Knalsmurf said:
    Hello...
    When I just checked things out in Media Portal I was able to see what'll be broadcasted comming Friday: "nova politiek vrijdag 21-10 23.20-0.05".
    So it is possible with TVgids_to_xml! :?
    You are right! :D
    I'm indeed using an older build (build 74) which doesn't contain the fix for the "7 day download". Now I wonder how they do it? :? I'd be happy to know, because if we find out how it's done, I'm pretty sure WebEPG is able to support it, too.

Kind regards,
    Michel

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi guys,

I've found that its possible to get 5 days from tvgids.nl.

By selecting the day after tomorrow and then give a 72 hour period, I can get 2 extra days.

I have this working in WebEPG now and am just testing. I will release it once I'm sure the time/date transitions are stable. The cool thing is I now get 5 days with less web requests then before.

I don't think 7 days is possible. If anyone wants to post instructions on how to do this. I will happily include it in WebEPG. (maybe try packet capturing to see what http requests the other program makes).

[Update]:

I have been able to get 7 days by changing the search string. I can now get all 7 days with a single page (not including description sub pages).

Cheers,

/James

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,
    James said:
    I don't think 7 days is possible. If anyone wants to post instructions on how to do this. I will happily include it in WebEPG. (maybe try packet capturing to see what http requests the other program makes).
    I'll see if I can find out the URL's that are used by TVGids_to_XML with my freshly installed OpenWRT router & tcpdump 8)

Kind regards,
    Michel

Knalsmurf

Portal Member
    October 16, 2005
    The Haque, Netherlands
    Hi readers,

James said:

Does this mean that the above written solutions are being incorporated in a new version of WebEPG?

Ifso i might have a few other things to look at.

-A strange thing is that while RTL 7 (as an example) is listed on the tvgids.nl site, it is not retrieveable with both tvgids_to_xml nor WebEPG.
    How is this possible?

-at the following website
    http://www.prize.nl/software/pvr/talpa.html
    there are (complicated) instructions to merge the data of the Talpa channel (I haven't find out yet from what source, possible something with www.talpa.nl) with the data retrieved from tvgids.nl.
    Isn't there a more easy way? Perhaps to list this source site within the channelselection-screen of WebEPG-config.

If these things are solved by webEPG this would be a major advantage above tvgids_to_xml.

...searching for the best grabber on the web.

--Knalsmurf

j1nx

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2005
    Knalsmurf said:
    Hi readers,

James said:

Does this mean that the above written solutions are being incorporated in a new version of WebEPG?

Ifso i might have a few other things to look at.

-A strange thing is that while RTL 7 (as an example) is listed on the tvgids.nl site, it is not retrieveable with both tvgids_to_xml nor WebEPG.
    How is this possible?

-at the following website
    http://www.prize.nl/software/pvr/talpa.html
    there are (complicated) instructions to merge the data of the Talpa channel (I haven't find out yet from what source, possible something with www.talpa.nl) with the data retrieved from tvgids.nl.
    Isn't there a more easy way? Perhaps to list this source site within the channelselection-screen of WebEPG-config.

If these things are solved by webEPG this would be a major advantage above tvgids_to_xml.

...searching for the best grabber on the web.

--Knalsmurf

This issue is already over. The talpa channel is already on tvgids.nl (Channel nr 92)

The only thing for now is that the nickelodeon channel still have that long "Talpa" thing at the end

Users who are viewing this thread