TV Groups are not showing up in TVServer Setup (2 Viewers)

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Same here, since 1.0.1, in different setups. SQL is always MySQL, Vista. Groups exist but not shown in "configuration/channels". Radio groups work fine. TV channels can be assigned to groups.

- MP 1.0.0 works fine, no channel group problem
    - clean Install of MP 1.0.1 and importing saved TVServer database of 1.0.0 -> channel group problem
    - cleam Install of MP 1.0.1 and new channel scan -> channel group problem
    - clean Insall of Vista, mySQL, MP 1.0.2 -> channel group problem

Radio groups are shown correctly.

Edit:
    switched to MS SQL from mysql, makes no difference. I am thinking about going back to good old 1.0.0 (for the 2nd time)

fermin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 1, 2008
    Zug
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Unfortunately, same here. NOT fixed. This has happened on two independent installs, both Vista 32bit Ultimate, SQL 2005 Express (SP2), Mediaportal TV Server and Mediaportal on same machine. 1.0.0 clean install, update to 1.0.1 and 1.0.2.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

Have you tried a clean install of 1.0.2, so you don't have any old databases kicking around? I can't reproduce the problem myself on a clean install, but that doesn't mean there isn't a problem somewhere.

Is everyone who is seeing this prepared to test out a couple of installs (clean, update, etc) under controlled conditions so that the developers have a chance of finding out what is causing this? So far I don't think anyone has posted logs, so the team will just be guessing.

Best wishes,

Mark

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Why, oh why do i have to keep repeating myselfe....

"It does not work" = USELESS information
    What we need are detailed, step by step descriptions AND LOGS.

How hard can it be? ;)

fermin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 1, 2008
    Zug
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland

How hard can it be? ;)

No problem, I'll provide you with the logs (I assume the logs in the c:\program data\team mediaportal\mediaportal tv server\logs directory?). As for reproduction:

1. Installed Vista 32bit Ultimate EN with integrated SP1
    2. Joined to Active Directory domain
    3. Clean install of MP 1.0.0 with the SQL 2005 Express Option

Everything fine, TV Groups visible..

4. Upgrade from 1.0.0 to 1.0.1 => TV Groups gone
    5. Upgrade from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2 => TV Groups still gone

I'm not exactly untalented when it comes to MSSQL, so if you need the structure of the DB and/or content, I can send you that, too.

Hi,

Have you tried a clean install of 1.0.2, so you don't have any old databases kicking around? I can't reproduce the problem myself on a clean install, but that doesn't mean there isn't a problem somewhere.

Is everyone who is seeing this prepared to test out a couple of installs (clean, update, etc) under controlled conditions so that the developers have a chance of finding out what is causing this? So far I don't think anyone has posted logs, so the team will just be guessing.

Best wishes,

Mark

No, I haven't. If at all possible, I'd like to avoid this, since I would lose quite a lot of my customizations...

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    No problem, I'll provide you with the logs (I assume the logs in the c:\program data\team mediaportal\mediaportal tv server\logs directory?)
    There is no need to "assume" the location of the logfiles because
    • it's explained in detail ::here::
    • start "TV-Server Configuration" -> press the button in the upper left which says "logfiles" ;)

3. Clean install of MP 1.0.0 with the SQL 2005 Express Option
    And here is the first "problem". Why do you install 1.0.0 ?
    Just run the 1.0.2 installer.

If you are talking about a upgrade of an existing 1.0.0 installatiuon. Then you must have skipped several steps in your description between "3." and "Everything fine, TV Groups visible."
    Because:
    • right after the installation -> there are no groups
    • even if you do a scan in 1.0.0 or 1.0.1 -> there will be no groups
    • in 1.0.0 and 1.0.1 it was required to enter MyTV to get the "all channels group" created at all.
    • this is what has been fixed in 1.0.2.

Also please explain what you mean by "TV Groups gone" ?
    Or please attach a screenshot (and LOGS !), because there are 2 possible meainings for "TV Groups gone". :)

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

How hard can it be? ;)

Well, I think you have to repeat yourself because:
    - A lot of people are of the opinion that they are already helping by reporting problems, a step most users don't even take.
    - People are not always in the position to test, reinstall, etc. because of their available time, nagging wives ( :D ), etc.
    - Reporting nothing won't help at all, so just collecting the reports of people saying it doesn't work for them is at least a positive thing.

But I understand your frustration when you can't reproduce it and people don't post logs. I have posted a screenshot in the 1.0.2 bugreport (don't want to doublepost) where the group tabs are missing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom