TV-Server ended, or crashed? (1 Viewer)

TheMerovingian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2004
    Kaufbaire
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just watched TV, then someone or something ended my TVService and MP lost contact...

Who is to blame? And how can I solve it?

Thank you very much in advance

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It's hard to be sure, but I think the crashes are related to the HTTP streams you're receiving. It looks like they come from some kind of SAT>IP tuner. Can you give more details?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Also, please tell me more about how long you've had the problem.
    Do you know approximately when the problem started?
    If yes, do you remember making any changes (eg. installing or updating software, drivers etc.) at the time the problem started?

TheMerovingian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2004
    Kaufbaire
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It is from a Triax TSS400 Sat-IP Server. The error occurs for approximately 3 days now.
    One week ago or so it seemded as if there had been a firmware update.
    But now that I am looking the file did not change. Maybe it got corrupted.
    I will install the old again and I will see.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

TheMerovingian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2004
    Kaufbaire
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oh my, I could not find any hints on setting up this SAT>IP in MP, so I tried what I could find first.
    So I will look how it works with RTSP and test it.

When I replace http in the settings of a channel with rtsp -> Preview failed:unknown error.
    And TVService ends.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No need to switch to RTSP unless you want it. I was just curious if there was some technical reason for using HTTP. Thanks for the info. :)

TheMerovingian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2004
    Kaufbaire
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Okay, now testing for some time.
    I got a backup solution with emby, where the SAT>IP Server works without problems...
    But the tv-server really annoys me, dies everytime I start TV for the first time... After the third restart or so it starts a stable tv stream for maybe a minute oder 30 minutes and dies again...
    Emby does not have this problem...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So you are using the older firmware again now, and TV Server still crashes?
    (If the new firmware is not stable with HTTP, it's possible that we can do nothing to solve the problem.)

Is Emby using HTTP or RTSP?
    (If Emby is using RTSP, maybe it would be better to use RTSP with TV Server too.)

About TV Server RTSP...
    When I replace http in the settings of a channel with rtsp -> Preview failed:unknown error.
    And TVService ends.
    RTSP support received a big overhaul in 1.16 PR. So far a couple of crash-causing bugs have been found. You can get patches here:
    IPTV TVServer Dienst crasht mit DD OctopusNET
    Tv-server crashes on channel change using IP-TV

That should at least solve the crashes.
    If you encounter more problems, new log files would be needed.

TheMerovingian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2004
    Kaufbaire
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Emby is using the same m3u list as MP does.

Last night I seemed to solve the problem.
    I removed the iptv cards completely but left the channels configured.
    I restarted the computer and set and mapped 2 IPTV cards.

Users who are viewing this thread