Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @TheMerovingian
    Any updates on your crashing situation?
    I'm very curious... :)

Emby is using the same m3u list as MP does.
    Okay.

I removed the iptv cards completely but left the channels configured.
    ...and mapped 2 IPTV cards.
    Removing and re-adding the IPTV cards can't change anything because they don't have any configuration associated with them. However, it will cause the TV service to restart, and that may have an effect.

I restarted the computer...
    This can also have an effect. Consolidation of Windows updates, driver restart etc. etc. etc.

TheMerovingian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2004
    Kaufbaire
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey @mm1352000,
    unfortunately removing and adding the iptv cards solved the problem for me. I always restart my pc, never use hibernation or any standby procedure.
    So I cannot offer you another explanation than the one mentioned above.

TheMerovingian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2004
    Kaufbaire
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hej,

just updated and got that annoying crashing tv-service again.
    Tried as before to remove the IPTV Source Filters to restart the PC and just to add them again.
    But till now it did not help.
    When trying to switch to channels it sometimes happens :-(

Edit: Just added a cleaner log after starting watchdog and getting the error at 23_08

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    In my opinion it's very clear that there is some kind of bug in the IPTV source HTTP plugin.
    This means no amount of removing and re-adding IPTV tuners will solve the problem.

Unfortunately it's very hard for me to solve such problems because:
    1. I don't have access to any working HTTP TV sources. I have a SAT>IP tuner (DD OctopusNet) but for some reason HTTP streaming is not working at all. The SAT>IP specification says that SAT>IP tuners must support HTTP streaming, but it isn't working with the OctopusNet.
    2. You don't have development/debugging tools on your server.
    3. The log files don't give enough information to identify the exact source of the problem.

TheMerovingian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2004
    Kaufbaire
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hej,
    1-> really funny my TRIAX won' workt with RTSP.
    2-> which tools can help? I will give it a try :)
    3-> that's a pitty

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    1-> really funny my TRIAX won' workt with RTSP.
    It should. AFAIK all RTSP crashes are fixed in MP 1.16 final. So, we can try RTSP again if you want. Of course that won't fix the HTTP plugin. I'm very keen to solve the HTTP crashes if possible.

P.S. I've also contacted DD to ask if HTTP streaming is supported. We'll see what they say.

2-> which tools can help? I will give it a try :)
    In short: it would be great to be able to attach a debugger (I use IDA Pro) so we can see the call stack when the crash happens. The debugger catches the vital information just before the crash.

3-> that's a pitty
    Yes.
    The problem is:
    1. The IPTV source has several threads (ie. it's complex code).
    2. If we add the logging (lots!) that would be needed to locate the problem it will make TV usable (stuttering etc.).

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I received a reply from DD. They confirmed that the OctopusNet doesn't support HTTP streaming. :(

paul Ebrey

Portal Member
    December 5, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Since updating to 1.16 I too am getting TV server crashing after watching live TV for approx 30 minutes.

Not fantastically techie - can someone point me in the right direction? Is OctopusNet a fantastically talented adult site, or the key to fixing this and getting the missus off my back?

Thanks in advance for any help,

TheMerovingian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2004
    Kaufbaire
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @mm1352000 when you give me a short explanation of how I can use Ida pro free, I will try to give you a more detailed log of whats wrong with my tv-service

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It's not something I can easily explain with words. Might it be possible to use TeamViewer to show you what to do? It would take about 10 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread