TV-Server ended, or crashed? (2 Viewers)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @TheMerovingian
    Even if we manage to get RTSP working in the other thread, I'd still like to fix this crash.
    Please consider allowing the TeamViewer session.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Right now in NZ it is almost 5 PM on Saturday. I will be available for the next 7 hours or so, though at some point I need to stop and make myself some dinner.

TheMerovingian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2004
    Kaufbaire
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @mm1352000 okay, maybe you send me your skype ID and we arrange another meeting.
    Unfortunately I cannot PM you....
    And I have to tell it is my wifes birthday, so when she wakes up, I may have to leave fast ;-)

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've PM'd you. You can respond to the PM. Going to make dinner soon.

P.S. Congratulations to your wife. I hope you both have a wonderful day. :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @paul Ebrey
    OctopusNet is a network-attached SAT>IP tuner.
    If you don't have a similar tuner, it means your problem is different (even though the crashing part may be the same).
    You ought to start your own thread. Make sure you describe your problem in full. Include dates/times and channel names, and provide full log files.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @TheMerovingian
    This problem really has me bashing my head against the wall!
    Even though I now know where the crash is coming from thanks to you, I still can't understand why the crash is occurring.

Can you please:
    1. Temporarily set LogVerbosity to 5 in MPIPTVSource.ini. Note you have to stop the TV service before changing MPIPTVSource.ini.
    2. Reproduce the crash again (no need to use IDA). Crashes should be more likely with HD channels.
    3. Export and attach the log files.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Please try the attached patch. It won't solve the problem, but it will put a bit more information in the log file, and I hope that additional info will help me understand what the problem is.
    1. Open TV Server Config.
    2. Go to the manual control section.
    3. Click "stop service".
    4. Open Windows File Explorer.
    5. Navigate to the TV Server install folder.
    6. Make a backup of MPIPTVSource.ax.
    7. Download and extract the attached MPIPTVSource.ax into your TV Server install folder.
    8. Change the LogVerbosity setting back to 3.
    9. In TV Server Config, click "start service".
    ...and now try to cause the TV service to crash again.
    When a crash happens, please attach Watchdog option 3 log files.

Attachments

• MPIPTVSource [crash debug v1].zip
      41 KB

Users who are viewing this thread