TV server keeps crashing (1 Viewer)

allanp81

Portal Pro
October 24, 2006
My TV server is randomly crashing and I can't see why.

I've attached the logs but none of it really makes much sense to me.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

Please:
    1. Always use the watchdog to collect log files whenever possible. It gives us exactly what we need to help you. For diagnosing crashes we need the Windows application event log. If you do not have access to the watchdog then you will need to export and post the application event log separately.
    2. Specify when (date and time) the crash(es) occurred, and under what circumstances (eg. what you were doing, how you noticed).
    Without this information it is not possible to help you.

Regards,
    mm

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    Attached is the logs generated by the watchdog.

According to event viewer the TV service crashed at about 7:24 (GMT) this morning. I was cycling to work at the time so wasn't doing anything with my server other than it was sat there idle.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks (y)

The application event log shows the cause of the crash:
    [collapse]
    "03/08/2015 07:23:56";".NET Runtime";"(0)";"Error";"Application: TVService.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
    Stack:
    at TvLibrary.Hardware.TeVii.FindDevices()
    at TvLibrary.Hardware.TeVii.CheckAndOpen()
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.ConditionalAccess..ctor(DirectShowLib.IBaseFilter, DirectShowLib.IBaseFilter, DirectShowLib.IBaseFilter, TvLibrary.Implementations.TvCardBase)
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.CompleteGraph(DirectShowLib.IBaseFilter ByRef)
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDVBT.BuildGraph()
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDVBT.BeforeTune(TvLibrary.Interfaces.IChannel, Int32 ByRef)
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDVBT.Tune(Int32, TvLibrary.Interfaces.IChannel)
    at TvService.CardTuner.Tune(TvControl.IUser ByRef, TvLibrary.Interfaces.IChannel, Int32)
    at TvService.CardReservationBase.Tune(TvService.ITvCardHandler, TvControl.IUser ByRef, TvLibrary.Interfaces.IChannel, Int32, TvService.ICardTuneReservationTicket)
    at TvService.TVController.Tune(TvControl.IUser ByRef, TvLibrary.Interfaces.IChannel, Int32, System.Object, System.Object)
    at TvService.TVController.Tune(TvControl.IUser ByRef, TvLibrary.Interfaces.IChannel, Int32, System.Object)
    at TvService.EpgCard.TuneEPGgrabber(TvDatabase.Channel, TvLibrary.Interfaces.IChannel, TvDatabase.Card, TvControl.TvResult)
    at TvService.EpgCard.GrabEpgForChannel(TvDatabase.Channel, TvLibrary.Interfaces.IChannel, TvDatabase.Card)
    at TvService.EpgCard.GrabEpg()
    at TvService.EpgGrabber.GrabEpgOnCard(TvService.EpgCard)
    at TvService.EpgGrabber._epgTimer_Elapsed(System.Object, System.Timers.ElapsedEventArgs)
    at System.Timers.Timer.MyTimerCallback(System.Object)
    at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallbackInContext(System.Object)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallback()
    at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.Fire()
    at System.Threading.TimerQueue.FireNextTimers()
    at System.Threading.TimerQueue.AppDomainTimerCallback()
    ";"1026"[/collapse]

This is coming from a 3rd party (TeVii - a tuner hardware vendor) DLL, via the DVB EPG grabber. Given that the crash originates from the 3rd party DLL (ie. we have no control over it), I'm not sure what we can do about this.

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    That is very odd. I did reinstall my server about a month ago and I only have 1 tuner installed (a blackgold 3620) and have only installed the drivers for that so I have no idea what that other thing is about.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The TeVii reference comes in when TV Server loads your tuner and checks what kind of tuner it is. It's all well and good for us to agree that your tuner is a Blackgold tuner, and therefore you don't need TeVii-specific tuner handling. However, TV Server doesn't know that. It has to perform the check because for all it knows at the time, your tuner could be a TeVii tuner... and unfortunately that's where the crash is occurring.

Do you recall approximately when the crashes started?

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    It's been crashing randomly since I reinstalled the server. I would say it's crashing about once a day so far.

There is a newer version of the blackgold driver (which although they say isn't for this card) which I've installed and works so I will give that a go and see how it behaves.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I don't expect a new version of the Blackgold driver to help.

This is not something I'd normally suggest, but given your situation...
    1. Open TV Server configuration.
    2. Go to the manual control section.
    3. Click "stop service".
    4. Open Windows Explorer.
    5. Navigate to the TV Server install directory (typically c:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server).
    6. Rename or move TeVii.dll.
    7. In TV Server configuration again, click "start service".
    This may cause more problems than it solves... or not help at all. In general the nature of the crash (being an access violation exception) makes me suspicious that your server is not stable. You may find that the problem "moves" to something else...

Users who are viewing this thread