Unable to play: Live3-0.ts issue

Discussion in 'General Support' started by ben1210, July 21, 2018.

1. ben1210
    • Premium Supporter

ben1210 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    New client set up. Cannot play Live TV or recordings. Logs attached.

Checked forums and cannot see a fix, please can someone help thanks

Attached Files:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. NirS

NirS Portal Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    Israel Israel
    Show System Specs
    for me a quick uninstall reinstalled solved the issue

4. ben1210
    • Premium Supporter

ben1210 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    Thanks. I did try this and same problem.

Maybe I need to reinstall windows but I'd rather not do that unless all other options I try don't work.

Thanks

5. Stéphane Lenclud
    • Team MediaPortal

Stéphane Lenclud Development Group

Ratings:
    +1,270 / 8
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    It looks like it's having problem accessing that file:
    \\Server-PC\D\Media Portal Timeshift\live3-0.ts.tsbuffer

Did you setup your time-shifting folder on a network path?
    Can you make sure your time-shifting file is a local path and try again?

Otherwise I suggest you try searching the forums for that issue cause I believe it's been addressed a lot already.

6. ben1210
    • Premium Supporter

ben1210 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    Many thanks for taking the time to write to me.

I dont know how to set the timeshifting path locally as this is just a client. I thought that recording and timeshift is held on the server?

I have 2 other clients on the network and dont have this issue.

I think I will re-install windows and try again.

7. Stéphane Lenclud
    • Team MediaPortal

Stéphane Lenclud Development Group

Ratings:
    +1,270 / 8
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    I see, I was wrongly assuming single seat setup.

That could take some time and you have no guarantee it would work. Then again if no one can provide proper help support it could be the fastest fix.

You guys have any idea that could help @ben1210 ?
    @Developers @Testers @mm1352000

• Like Like x 1
  8. RonD
    • Team MediaPortal

RonD Test Group

semi-pro slacker
    Ratings:
    +275 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    the log files show problems trying to access the remote tvserver timeshift folder. For example in MediaPortal.log at 2018-07-21 18:40:47 you tried to watch BBC One and failed trying to access the folder.

Show Spoiler

Code (Text):
    1. [2018-07-21 18:40:47,368] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - TVHome:turn tv on BBC One HD
    2. [2018-07-21 18:40:47,391] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - TVHome.ViewChannelAndCheck(): View channel=BBC One HD
    3. [2018-07-21 18:40:50,299] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - succeeded:Succeeded TvControl.VirtualCard
    4. [2018-07-21 18:40:50,335] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - tvhome:startplay
    5. [2018-07-21 18:40:50,352] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - tvhome:file:D:\Media Portal Timeshift\live3-0.ts.tsbuffer
    6. [2018-07-21 18:40:50,367] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [WARN ] - tvhome:startplay.  Phase 1 - 35 ms - Done method initialization
    7. [2018-07-21 18:40:50,382] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - tvhome:startplay:\\Server-PC\D\Media Portal Timeshift\live3-0.ts.tsbuffer - using rtsp mode:False
    8. [2018-07-21 18:40:50,404] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - tvhome:startplay: waiting for TS file \\Server-PC\D\Media Portal Timeshift\live3-0.ts.tsbuffer
    9. [2018-07-21 18:40:50,428] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - tvhome:startplay: waiting for TS file \\Server-PC\D\Media Portal Timeshift\live3-0.ts.tsbuffer
    10. [2018-07-21 18:40:50,452] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - tvhome:startplay: waiting for TS file \\Server-PC\D\Media Portal

If you close the MediaPortal Client and use windows explorer file browser, open networking, can you access the \\Server-PC\D\Media Portal Timeshift folder?

on the problem system, can you watch recorded videos in your recording folder?

Just to confirm, the other 2 MP1 Clients work correctly, you can watch live tv? watch recordings? etc

I assume all 3 MP1 Clients have the same MP1 Client setup to access the MP1 TV Server, shared network folders, etc

What windows OS version(s) are you using on the TV Server and the 3 Clients? Any recent changes?

• Like Like x 1
  9. ben1210
    • Premium Supporter

ben1210 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    Thank you for taking the time to reply

If you close the MediaPortal Client and use windows explorer file browser, open networking, can you access the \\Server-PC\D\Media Portal Timeshiftfolder? Yes

on the problem system, can you watch recorded videos in your recording folder? No

Just to confirm, the other 2 MP1 Clients work correctly, you can watch live tv? watch recordings? etc They work fine

I assume all 3 MP1 Clients have the same MP1 Client setup to access the MP1 TV Server, shared network folders, etc Yes

What windows OS version(s) are you using on the TV Server and the 3 Clients? Any recent changes? 3 Clients Win 10, Server Win 7. Recent change is the problem system where I have just update it from 7 to 10

I spent just know about 40 minutes doing a fresh install of win 10 and MP and now everything works fine.

Thanks again for your time and everyone on the MP team, its a fantastic product

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!