Unable to play: Live3-0.ts issue (1 Viewer)

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    New client set up. Cannot play Live TV or recordings. Logs attached.

Checked forums and cannot see a fix, please can someone help thanks

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_21_07_18__18_41.zip
      112.9 KB

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    for me a quick uninstall reinstalled solved the issue
    Thanks. I did try this and same problem.

Maybe I need to reinstall windows but I'd rather not do that unless all other options I try don't work.

Thanks

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It looks like it's having problem accessing that file:
    \\Server-PC\D\Media Portal Timeshift\live3-0.ts.tsbuffer

Did you setup your time-shifting folder on a network path?
    Can you make sure your time-shifting file is a local path and try again?

Otherwise I suggest you try searching the forums for that issue cause I believe it's been addressed a lot already.

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    Many thanks for taking the time to write to me.

I dont know how to set the timeshifting path locally as this is just a client. I thought that recording and timeshift is held on the server?

I have 2 other clients on the network and dont have this issue.

I think I will re-install windows and try again.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I dont know how to set the timeshifting path locally as this is just a client. I thought that recording and timeshift is held on the server?
    I see, I was wrongly assuming single seat setup.

I think I will re-install windows and try again.
    That could take some time and you have no guarantee it would work. Then again if no one can provide proper help support it could be the fastest fix.

You guys have any idea that could help @ben1210 ?
    @Developers @Testers @mm1352000

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    the log files show problems trying to access the remote tvserver timeshift folder. For example in MediaPortal.log at 2018-07-21 18:40:47 you tried to watch BBC One and failed trying to access the folder.

Code:
    [2018-07-21 18:40:47,368] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - TVHome:turn tv on BBC One HD
    [2018-07-21 18:40:47,391] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - TVHome.ViewChannelAndCheck(): View channel=BBC One HD
    [2018-07-21 18:40:50,299] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - succeeded:Succeeded TvControl.VirtualCard
    [2018-07-21 18:40:50,335] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - tvhome:startplay
    [2018-07-21 18:40:50,352] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - tvhome:file:D:\Media Portal Timeshift\live3-0.ts.tsbuffer
    [2018-07-21 18:40:50,367] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [WARN ] - tvhome:startplay.  Phase 1 - 35 ms - Done method initialization
    [2018-07-21 18:40:50,382] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - tvhome:startplay:\\Server-PC\D\Media Portal Timeshift\live3-0.ts.tsbuffer - using rtsp mode:False
    [2018-07-21 18:40:50,404] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - tvhome:startplay: waiting for TS file \\Server-PC\D\Media Portal Timeshift\live3-0.ts.tsbuffer
    [2018-07-21 18:40:50,428] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - tvhome:startplay: waiting for TS file \\Server-PC\D\Media Portal Timeshift\live3-0.ts.tsbuffer
    [2018-07-21 18:40:50,452] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - tvhome:startplay: waiting for TS file \\Server-PC\D\Media Portal

If you close the MediaPortal Client and use windows explorer file browser, open networking, can you access the \\Server-PC\D\Media Portal Timeshift folder?

on the problem system, can you watch recorded videos in your recording folder?

Just to confirm, the other 2 MP1 Clients work correctly, you can watch live tv? watch recordings? etc

I assume all 3 MP1 Clients have the same MP1 Client setup to access the MP1 TV Server, shared network folders, etc

What windows OS version(s) are you using on the TV Server and the 3 Clients? Any recent changes?

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    Thank you for taking the time to reply

If you close the MediaPortal Client and use windows explorer file browser, open networking, can you access the \\Server-PC\D\Media Portal Timeshiftfolder? Yes

on the problem system, can you watch recorded videos in your recording folder? No

Just to confirm, the other 2 MP1 Clients work correctly, you can watch live tv? watch recordings? etc They work fine

I assume all 3 MP1 Clients have the same MP1 Client setup to access the MP1 TV Server, shared network folders, etc Yes

What windows OS version(s) are you using on the TV Server and the 3 Clients? Any recent changes? 3 Clients Win 10, Server Win 7. Recent change is the problem system where I have just update it from 7 to 10

I spent just know about 40 minutes doing a fresh install of win 10 and MP and now everything works fine.

Thanks again for your time and everyone on the MP team, its a fantastic product

Users who are viewing this thread