[solved] unable to play *.ts (1 Viewer)

m57

Portal Member
September 20, 2008
I'm having problems playing live TV or recorded TV using my client MediaPortal PC.

Everything runs fine on my Server.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello :)

I suspect a configuration - either security or path - issue with your timeshift folder share.

With regard to security: does the account that you're logging in with on the client have permission to access the share on the server?

With regard to the path...
    MediaPortal.log says the location of the timeshift files is:
    \\ALAN\E\MEDIAPORTAL\Timeshift\live3-0.ts.tsbuffer

This suggests that the location on the server is:
    E:\MEDIAPORTAL\Timeshift\live3-0.ts.tsbuffer

Is that correct?

Regards,
    mm

m57

Portal Member
    September 20, 2008
    That is the correct path.

Does that folder need to be shared? I've never had to share that before with mediaportal.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Does that folder need to be shared?
    Yes, it would need to be shared.

I've never had to share that before with mediaportal.
    If you've previously always had MediaPortal and TV Server on the same PC then all this will be new to you. In that case, MediaPortal can access the timeshift folder directly... no fancy share configuration required.

When MediaPortal and TV Server are running on different PCs, there are two ways for MediaPortal to receive TV from the TV Server :
    1. UNC shares
    2. RTSP streaming
    The first option is what you're using now. It requires the timeshift folder on the server to be shared on the network so that clients can access it.
    The second option uses network streaming. If you're not used to sharing the timeshift folder, perhaps this option is what you were using in the past?

All is explained in the wiki:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...iaPortal_Configuration/22_TV/Advanced_Options

m57

Portal Member
    September 20, 2008
    Thanks for your help guys! I did previously have a multi-seat setup but that was a while ago and it must have set it up as RTSP streaming by default.

I just unchecked the "Use UNC paths" checkbox and it worked :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    The UNC setup made a quicker/faster channel ZAP so it depend of user case for sure to choose UNC or RTSP :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player app does not support the file type. So I installed VLC. VLC does read the ts files but the TV's remote does not allow to control basic VLC functions like FF or FR or pause etc... Tried 1-2 other apps, even...
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
    Replies
    Views
    Nice you could resolve the issue!
    Nice you could resolve the issue!
    I have MediaPortal 2.5 Server installed on one computer and Mediaportal 2.5 client on another. The client is connected to the...
    Replies
    Views
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP and set logs and rebooted and ran TVServer. Didn't do anything in regard to S Loopback adapter. I've been using NextPvr since the problem became insurmountable. Only reason it's not a good long term...
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video signal") on the TV I suspect the AVR has something to do with that. If I manually put the TV only into standby when TV is playing but paused then on wakeup I could not immediately take it out of pause and...
    I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video...
    Hi all, I´m using MP 1.30 at the moment and have a problem which also exists on my system on previous versions. So I don´t think...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom