Using an External Bluray / HD-DVD Player (2 Viewers)

jof

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Congratulations!!
    The external Player Option for blu ray discs is so great!
    I tested it right now with pdvd and it worked without a problem.

Thanks for this great plugin!

wkwapil

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 27, 2008
    192.168.x.x
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    jof:
    which settings do you have in the plugin-config ? (my PDVD didn't start the blu-ray-iso)

C:\Programme\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PowerDVD.exe or
    "C:\Programme\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PowerDVD.exe" ?

%filename% or
    "%filename%" ?

which chekmarks in PDVD-settings ?
    Thx for your efforts

Attachments

• Snap1.jpg
      Snap1.jpg
      95.2 KB

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Moved your posts over here to keep things on track in the release thread.

For those not aware of what's being discussed, Moving Pictures 0.7.1 allows you to specify an external application to play Bluray and HD-DVD content. You can get more details from this guide on the wiki. If anyone has any trouble though, this is the place to ask.

wkwapil

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 27, 2008
    192.168.x.x
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    John, sry if I have posted in the wrong thread...but I'm a little bit irritated, because my PDVD won't start when playing a blu-ray-iso.
    In your Wiki it's mentioned with inverted comma
    Command-line Arguments
    /fullscreen "%filename%"
    and when I look into MPClient-Config...Moving Pictures Plugin
    there's mentioned %filename% without the inverted comma
    well I'm irritated because I don't know if the inverted comma is needed

...that's the reason I asked for an answer

shit happens ;-(
    I forgot to read the Note !
    sry 4 posting

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Don't worry you did nothing wrong, :p I was just trying to keep the conversation focused and get this discussion in a place other people can find it if they need help too.

As for the quotes they are usually required. It gets a tiny bit technical, but PowerDVD will probably not properly find the video content if the path contains a space in it unless the path is wrapped in quotes. It will never hurt to add quotes though, and depending on your setup sometimes they are required, so I would just always put them in.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The default settings are just dummy values. It's possible to setup ANY (future) player that will handle Bluray/HD-DVD. The exact settings depend on what player is being used. From experience i know the quotes are needed for both PowerDVD and ArcSoft. For example configurations read the guide. The version of PowerDVD or ArcSoft is also important as some versions can't play from folders and only from iso's or are generally not working correctly but that's out of our hands. Again from experience i know that ArcSoft TMT .125 will play everything correctly when you set it up according to the guide.

jof

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Here are my settings:

Executable: C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD8\PowerDVD8.exe
    Commandline arguments: /fullscreen "%filename%"
    --------

I also disabled autoplay for pdvd!

I forgot to mention that sometimes I have to press the play button twice for the movie to start. Sometimes nothing happens at first time. But I think this is a daemon tools issue.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I forgot to mention that sometimes I have to press the play button twice for the movie to start. Sometimes nothing happens at first time. But I think this is a daemon tools issue.

i pm'd you a test dll to fix the double click, can you confirm if this fixes the issue?

wkwapil

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 27, 2008
    192.168.x.x
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    armandp:
    thx for your explanations
    I've got PDVD working if I start the ISO twice... and I've sent you a PM asking for send the "Test-DLL".

jof

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

i pm'd you a test dll to fix the double click, can you confirm if this fixes the issue?

Thanks for the fix! With this dll it works the first time I press play!

Users who are viewing this thread