using tim moore firestb setup (1 Viewer)

cadams8221218

Portal Pro
October 5, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
when i plug in my pace rng150n stb using firewire to my pc i dont get a new hardware found wizard, what should i do?

mm1352000

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

With the greatest respect, my feeling is this forum is totally the wrong place to be asking this question.
    The question has basically nothing to do with MP, except that I guess you may want to use MP's TV Server to control the STB.
    Keep in mind that few people that use MP use it for STB control.
    Even fewer people are likely to have the same STB as you and know the answer to this question.

In other words I'm saying that you're unlikely to get good help here, simply because the people that might be able to help you are not likely to be the same as the people that use this forum.

With that said, I think you should:
    1. At least link to the "Tim Moore Firestb" setup guide that you're referring to.
    2. Ensure that your STB is supported by the Firestb driver (or whatever it is that understands how to control the STB).
    3. Ensure the firewire (IEEE 1394) port is enabled in the STB settings.
    4. Ensure that you've installed firewire drivers for your PC's firewire controller.
    5. Contact Tim Moore directly or ask your questions on a forum that is directly related to the Firestb driver and/or your STB.
    6. Contact your TV provider.
    7. Contact Pace.

Good luck! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Then, "Mixer" line is not here when "skin sounds" setting is disabled ? Right ? Then, we could imagine that "presumably MP generating the button sound' would be "for sure". Maybe is there really a bug in your audio driver ? Generating an "Enter" action when, not needed ? No clue other than trying differents audio drivers.... Also...
    Then, "Mixer" line is not here when "skin sounds" setting is disabled ? Right ? Then, we could imagine that "presumably MP...
    I recollect someone else reporting this problem, but I cannot now find the relevant post. In this thread I want describe the...
    Replies
    Views
    Colossus shows up and tried what was in the wiki scanned for channels but no channels detected. Was trying for couple of hours but nothing. I did find another program that picked up the channel and am recording without the choppy laggy video. Thank you again for the fast response and help.
    Colossus shows up and tried what was in the wiki scanned for channels but no channels detected. Was trying for couple of hours but...
    Hi i'm new to the forum. I'm having a problem i'm using Hauppauge colossus 2 and have my cable connected using hdmi cable. I open...
    Replies
    Views
    Don't worry, some guys understand this also in french ;) BTW, you also have a french forum, if you need. Happy to see that you fixed your problem.
    Don't worry, some guys understand this also in french ;) BTW, you also have a french forum, if you need. Happy to see that you...
    Hello to all I have a problem, my Mediaportal doesn't start anymore, there was a power cut while I was shutting down my PC and...
    Replies
    Views
    This is not possible if it is a self made series, like personal travel videos etc.
    This is not possible if it is a self made series, like personal travel videos etc.
    Hi! I have videos that I want to show in TV-Series, such as personal TV series and educational series. As some examples I have...
    Replies
    Views
    I have never used a Silicon Dust network tuner, but from reading elsewhere I have a recollection that in Silicon Dust's own configuration tool you need to select "MediaPortal" as the output destination (or something like that). So this might be worth checking (just in case I have remembered it correctly). -- from CyberSimian in the UK
    I have never used a Silicon Dust network tuner, but from reading elsewhere I have a recollection that in Silicon Dust's own...
    Hello, I am a new MP user. I recently installed MP2.3 on a HTPC running Win 7 64 bit. I have an networked Silicon Dust HDHR3-US...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom