Vectir (1 Viewer)

DomPedro

Portal Member
November 13, 2008
Brazil
Home Country
Brazil Brazil
Yes, was playing with it last year for quite some time, but it didn't fullfil my 'needs'.

But now: there is a new version around: 2.0 beta! And this one absolutely rocks :cool:
- It is able to stream data (*) to your mobile device.
- It is providing a skin engine which lets you create skins for your mobile - one for each application :eek:

(*) Like: artist name, song title, playlists, progressbar (playback / volume), track time

I was playing around with winamp's profile so far only. :sorry:

But the new version is even providing the possibility to remotly control your (HT)PC - by streaming the desktop to the mobile client.

Despite of its beta status it is already working very well and reliable :)

Basically every application is conrollable by Vectir.

But to use the features of streaming data the application has to provide data sinks and data sources. Have a look at these screen shots: Vectir 2.0 Screenshots

I don't know if the MePo API is providing such data. Maybe an additional plugin could solve this :confused:

DomPedro

Portal Member
November 13, 2008
Brazil
Home Country
Brazil Brazil
I'm currently in contact with the dev team of vectir. They are going to release a SDK after the first release of 2.0 is made. With this SDK it will be possible to add application specific support to vectir.

If an application provides a public API (MePo?) which vectir could use - it should be quite simple to write a plugin/extension for vectir to use all features provided by the public API. Means this would make e.g. a Logi Harmony needless.

Sounds really promising to me.

Pedro

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

The layout of remotes does vary from one model/brand to another. I too find that some layouts are better than others. Generally, I prefer the buttons that I use most-frequently to be positioned near the center of the remote, which is not the case with that particular Dell remote. :( Battery life is often a problem. A remote that I...
The layout of remotes does vary from one model/brand to another. I too find that some layouts are better than others. Generally, I...
In Dec 2020: I purchased 2 remotes for my new HTPC install, eg: HP USB MCE IR RC6 Wireless Receiver and TSGH-IR02 Windows Media...
Replies
Views
You can always try, select any window, turn off the Media Portal, change the ID of the selected one to the desired one (plugin) and check.
You can always try, select any window, turn off the Media Portal, change the ID of the selected one to the desired one (plugin) and...
I don't have a TV card in my HTPC setup, so I really only use plugins that browse and show media files, like MP TV-Series, Moving...
Replies
Views
Nice you could resolve the issue!
Nice you could resolve the issue!
I have MediaPortal 2.5 Server installed on one computer and Mediaportal 2.5 client on another. The client is connected to the...
Replies
Views
restarting is supported but depends on the reason why it failed. As an external tool try JDownloader.org - Official Homepage
restarting is supported but depends on the reason why it failed. As an external tool try JDownloader.org - Official Homepage
Earlier this year I changed my internet service provider from a landline (where I was consistently overcharged), to a mains-powered...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 Media Source DE
@Brownard, just a stupid question. Yes it works now by manually entering the path. However when i try to edit the settings (like because i want to disable the share watch) I can select my Media Source, however i seems to only briefly been shown and the goes back to the list. So i cannot actually edit it. Can et bee due to the "long"...
@Brownard, just a stupid question. Yes it works now by manually entering the path. However when i try to edit the settings (like...
I had to replace my NAS and after reinstalling a new one i thought. Lets modify the Media Source. - However that did not work "if"...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom