SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Oh, so it's the pulse that sets apart "reacting to music" and not :D

Yup, also got it with MD 2.1 from post #80 and upmix option turned on.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Oh, so it's the pulse that sets apart "reacting to music" and not :)

This is quite a toughie, as my setting is upmix for my audigy 7.1 system any way, so I dropped back to stereo, just listened to "hammer to fall" and viz was definitely working to guitar rift in song, so think this is a bit of a red herring.

BTW can someone kick the dog for me as its had me up since 3.30am yawn.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Now I've got some neighbours involved, and the conclusion seems to be definitely working with 5.1 only, amazing what you see when your tired ;(

So the answer is use milkdrop2.1 + upmix stereo to 5.1, now I wonder why that is working :confused:

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    with "Upmix to 5.1" i am using a Bass Mixer Channel, whereas without upmixing a non-mixer audio channel is used.
    That might be the difference.

will have a look at the code in the evening.

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Difficult to tell exactly what we are seeing though it does seem better with that option on - thanks for the tip Baron of L/S
    Hmm...
    Hopefully hwahrmann will see somethnig in the code and it'll get fixed soon :)

@PD are you sure it's the lack of sleep causing you to see things?? :p

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    @PD are you sure it's the lack of sleep causing you to see things??

Nope must be tired, dreampt of Yorkshires "Secret Garden", what a great day out for the family, hey nothing wrong with a bit of advertising, just never expected it in such a place, LOL.

niblet

Portal Pro
    October 4, 2008
    Home Country
    with "Upmix to 5.1" i am using a Bass Mixer Channel, whereas without upmixing a non-mixer audio channel is used.
    That might be the difference.

will have a look at the code in the evening.

Did you get a chance to check out the code?

sjevtic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: AW: Visualisations in 1.2Beta

I think there is something in MediaPortal code that prevents vis to show when using radio streams.
    that future is not implement yet in Media Portal.
    Thing is, vis are very fast for me. Rendering in 25 fps CONSTANTLY (guess that 25fps is a limit because it would go even higher, I'm sure).
    not enough for Milk :)

check my FullSpeed Sample
    and test all available function from sample .. incl Render from Device (for TV or Radio)
    add more then one sound and use right mouse button in Vis Window for available function from VIS.
    then see what your has ;)

all available function correctly implement in MP as a AddOn then no longer any problems with visualization....

greets

Hi Emil,

as you know, i can#t do any Addon / Plugin for MP, since Milkdrop needs to render to it's own Parent Window.
    If it is implemented as plugin, then we still have the MP Main window as parent, which "steals" away the cycles.
    I need to have an external App for that.

regards,

Helmut

I've also noticed the slowdown when MediaPortal isn't the currently selected window. But, even when it is, it seems that the performance of Milkdrop 2 (v2.24, actually) in MediaPortal (v1.2.2) just doesn't match the performance of it in Winamp; there's a certain sense of speed and fluidity that's just lacking.

It's hard for me to quantify what's going on here, as I haven't been able to pull up the FPS display in Milkdrop 2, since the Milkdrop 2 shortcut keys seem to be disabled under MediaPortal. Under Winamp though, the FPS rate varies widely from 25 or so to 50 and beyond at times. It's running on a pretty powerful machine, so I doubt it's CPU- or graphics-bound, either. As a side note, how do I activate Milkdrop 2's FPS display and song info on track change in MediaPortal?

When I set up Milkdrop 2 in MediaPortal, I copied it straight over from Winamp, preferences and all, so the configuration should be identical. Is MediaPortal somehow throttling it? I'm a bit perplexed by the "Target FPS" option in MediaPortal Configuration -> Music -> Visualizations and its maximum setting of 25. I've tried setting the value to 50 in MediaPortal.xml, unsurprisingly to no effect. What does this do?

Thanks in advance.

Sasha

Users who are viewing this thread