Visualisations in 1.2Beta (1 Viewer)

B

BassFan

AW: Re: Visualisations in 1.2Beta

Thanks for the instructions; I was able to get MilkDrop 2.2 working with my install of MediaPortal.

However, I am noticing one small little issue with MilkDrop right now. For some reason, and I think I had this same problem in previous releases, the MilkDrop visualization doesn't seem to react to the music. It just cycles through the visualizations like normal, but they don't react to anything as it is playing. I could see a huge difference just by running MilkDrop in MediaPortal and when I ran it on my PC.

I was just curious if anyone else notices this on their setup, or if maybe I just have something funny going on on my end. Thanks!

I too am having the same problem, I have MPDisplay2 installed and that the Graphic Equaliser on my secondary display reacts to the music with no problem, milkdrop does not react at all. It just cycles through as though the songs are silent.

that problem come from the Renderengine
drawing of MP Window used many frames and lost no room for visualization.
that will never work drawing visualization in MP of a Device Contex (DC)

i have allways 60 Frames

greets

niblet

Portal Pro
October 4, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Re: AW: Re: Visualisations in 1.2Beta

Thanks for the instructions; I was able to get MilkDrop 2.2 working with my install of MediaPortal.

However, I am noticing one small little issue with MilkDrop right now. For some reason, and I think I had this same problem in previous releases, the MilkDrop visualization doesn't seem to react to the music. It just cycles through the visualizations like normal, but they don't react to anything as it is playing. I could see a huge difference just by running MilkDrop in MediaPortal and when I ran it on my PC.

I was just curious if anyone else notices this on their setup, or if maybe I just have something funny going on on my end. Thanks!

I too am having the same problem, I have MPDisplay2 installed and that the Graphic Equaliser on my secondary display reacts to the music with no problem, milkdrop does not react at all. It just cycles through as though the songs are silent.

i have allways 60 Frames

greets

Milkdrop renders fine and displays the visualisations very well, it is just not detecting the beat..

B

BassFan

AW: Re: AW: Re: Visualisations in 1.2Beta

i have allways 60 Frames

greets

Milkdrop renders fine and displays the visualisations very well, it is just not detecting the beat..

NO FRAMERATE no fine renders also NO beat in realtime..
install fraps and check for the framerate this is what i can say
i have tell this many often and no people understand what i mean? LOL

greets

niblet

Portal Pro
October 4, 2008
Home Country
Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: Visualisations in 1.2Beta

i have allways 60 Frames

greets

NO FRAMERATE no fine renders also NO beat in realtime..
install fraps and check for the framerate this is what i can say
i have tell this many often and no people understand what i mean? LOL

greets
with FRAPS I get a frame rate of about 25 to 30 FPS when milkdrop is running, enough for it to look good - if only it reacted to the beat!

niblet

Portal Pro
October 4, 2008
Home Country
BASS, as I mentioned previously, the graphic equaliser on the MP2 plugin reacts to sound no problem.

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Try grabbing the latest Winamp and using the Milkdrop frmo that new installation...

niblet

Portal Pro
    October 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Nope still the same I'm afraid

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    OK - I've had a good old play with this now and can confirm that the vis seems to not react to the music.
    I am going to do a little more playing though, I have a couple of ideas as to the problem, and I'll post back here once I have more info :)

Working on it...

Users who are viewing this thread