Windows Vista and XP 64bit (1 Viewer)

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Canberra
Home Country
Can any of the devs comment on if there is some kind of plans to get a version of Media portal out down the track that will work on Vista 64bit or XP 64bit ?? Would be interested to know
Thanks

wortelsoft

Portal Pro
May 13, 2005
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Some thime ago in there was an option added to cvs for building a 64bit version.
But you have to compile it yourself, and see how it works. Also drivers will be a problem. As not many drivers are out yet.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have Windows x64 ..and enough drivers to run everything in my PC, ie printer, graphics card, chipset, cool 'n' quiet, etc

MP also works..it runs in an emulated x86 mode..so effectively there is no performance/speed difference between my AMD x64 3500+ cpu and a standard x86 3500+ cpu..

TV - i have not got working (only tried it a few times without success yet....but Dvico *DO* have new x64 DVB-T TV tuner drivers i have not yet tested)

everything else works perfectly so far..and i havnt run into any major problems with core modules - music/video/pictures etc

i would stay well away from Vista for a little while just to make sure there is a smooth transition from XP to Vista...(im guessing there would be a vista MP??)

wishywashy

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2005
    Hill AFB, UT
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I use X64 for my CVS test bed before applying to my htpc. I haven't run into any problems yet.
    I was able to get ahold of (legitamately) a copy of Vista and could not stand it. It was a resource hog and not stable at all. However, it was a really early build of the 5000 series.

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Canberra
    Home Country
    yeah SiLenTYL,
    i'm in the same sort of situation, i was running Windows x64 and everything was sweet and the dvico x64bit version was running well, just couldn't get MP to get the tv working for some reason. I found even tho Mediaportal.exe was running in the 32bit service it just seemed to run better in general, thats why i was keen to try and get it running properly.

PS , wishywashy , were you able to get myTV working in windows x64???

Users who are viewing this thread