WM streams playback (1 Viewer)

Dragy

Portal Pro
April 27, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I still don't like the playback of WM streams.. (black when paused etc, seems like it's not integrated in MP)
Where lays the problem? Codec, Online Videos plugin or MediaPortal?

I think it's time to solve it..

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A little more info WHY you don't like it would be nice.

.asx files have to be played with Windows Media Player in Overlay, because no directshow filter would open them reliable (if even at all). Sometimes it works to extract the mms://...wmv adress and that can be played, but not always.

I have made progress on the OSD for the WMP overlay in current svn if that's what's bothering you, but as said, what do you dislike? And how are you going to help us solve it?

Dragy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sorry, I thought it was obvious..

I think it's the best if the OSD and other overlays (volume, info shizle) do not become visible at all, because then the screen won't become black and uncontrolable.

Now when playing wmv streams and when you press volume or info or whatever, everything becomes black (with distorted OSD in some cases) and to restore it I have to press spacebar twice (pause, unpause)

Someone has to make a directshow filter for wmv streams :D

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    On my system the screen does NOT become black and uncontrollable! I am using Blue3Wide. Where are your logs?

Dragy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm using StreamedMP on Win 7 64bit and MP1.1 Disaster edition and SAF5. I will make logs as soon as possible (tomorrow)..
    Good to hear that it could be better :D
    +Volume isn't even possible to control with the MP volume

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just tested on my dev PC (win 7 x64, mp 1.1.1) with StreamedMP 1.4, using latest OnlineVideos svn and didn't have any trouble when adjusting the volume or opening the OSD while playing an asx with WMP overlayed.

If you are willing to test, you can extract the attached zip to your MePo/Plugins/Windows folder, overwriting your current OnlineVideos install with latest svn version, and tell me if it works. If not post logs from that run.

Attachments

• OVS26testOSD.zip
      467 KB

Dragy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well, couldn't test that yet, but I made some logs with the current situation (without your zip)

Dragy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Euhm.. I don't know how to get it? I just used the MP debug tool :s
    I will try to make a new one tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread