XBMC skins (1 Viewer)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Why not use the XBMC skinning engine? I think they have a much more powerfull skin engine..

You know that MediaPortal skinning engine is based on a port of some real old XBMC skinning engine? Unfortunately it would require a huge amount of work to port the current version (porting something from C++ to C# and at the same time from OpenGL to DirectX is a big task especially when the skin engine is a "bit" complex). It is not worth to spend time on such for MP1 as the MPII has already much more flexible skinning engine thanm XBMC.

luissm

Portal Member
    December 28, 2008
    Thanks guys,

Well I am doing a much simple version of xtv for MP1. I am posting below some screenshots. The thing is that I have tried most skins for MP1 and even though some are quite good I am well accustomed to xtv which I have used on my old XBox for years so I decided to port it.

I have noticed the similarities between the XBMC skins and MP1 ones. But unfortunately they still have to be ported. Anyway have a look and tell me your feedback. The skin is far from finished but you can already get a feeling.

screen1sh.png

screen2u.png

screen3k.png

el_gato

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i like this one a lot so please port it to mp! emphatic, you have a feeling for nice skins, it's not the first post of you which should "inspire" the mp-skinners :D keep on, maybe sometime in near future there will be one of those skins available...

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    i like this one a lot so please port it to mp! emphatic, you have a feeling for nice skins, it's not the first post of you which should "inspire" the mp-skinners :D keep on, maybe sometime in near future there will be one of those skins available...

Sorry, I don't have the stamina to finish a whole skin. That's why I just hang around here trying to "improve" on others work. :p

Emph

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @ Emph, I'm currently looking for a new direction to go in for my next MP skin... Perhaps a poll (incl. Aeon Stark) would be a good idea to "inspire the skinners here" :p, of course permission will be needed from the original XBMC authors ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    Whenever I go into the back end for Moving Pictures, it almost immediately hangs on the Movie Importer tab. If I want to go into...
    Replies
    Views
    Hello all, Recently I have been having a few problems importing movies to Moving Pictures using the IMDB+ plugin (missing fields) so I have decided to have a go at creating an XML based on the XBMC Local xml. This has not been tested with multi languages and it has been configured for my personal collection. I'm hoping it will work...
    Hello all, Recently I have been having a few problems importing movies to Moving Pictures using the IMDB+ plugin (missing fields)...
    Hello all, Recently I have been having a few problems importing movies to Moving Pictures using the IMDB+ plugin (missing fields)...
    Replies
    Views
    Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in driving the development of an advanced HTPC software? Would you like new features get implemented faster? Well, then join us! What we offer: Almost unlimited creative leeway The possibility to closely...
    Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in...
    Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after restart. If you go to an episode and open the options and pick choose artwork then choose episode thumbnail it shows the correct thumbnail and says it is remote. Click on it and it goes local instantly and...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    Replies
    Views
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is completey broken with NET4 and NET6 :( Neither an existing profile can be selected nor a new one can be created.
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is...
    Description: Hi there. First of all, I appreciate all the effort in MediaPortal 2 release 2.5 - visible changes look great (eg...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom