XBMC skins (1 Viewer)

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    emphatic: I really like your ideas and taste when it comes to skinning - goes for both look and usability. I think it would be great to see you as a "sidekick" for a skin creation.

And this is what you should ask for when Santa comes around:
    draft_lens1614181module4592482photo_soleF83treadmill.jpg

:D

Sphero

Portal Pro
    June 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @ Emph, I'm currently looking for a new direction to go in for my next MP skin... Perhaps a poll (incl. Aeon Stark) would be a good idea to "inspire the skinners here" :p, of course permission will be needed from the original XBMC authors ;)

Please also add Aeon Alaska to the poll. This is also an amazing skin.
    Alaska for XBMC

Sphero

Portal Pro
    June 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I noticed the Alaska skin is for download and all textures are extracted (including the Textures.XPR file).

XML is not that hard to understand, but unfortunately I cost me to much time to find all the elements.
    If it didn't cost me to much time, I would be happy to port the skin.

Sphero

Portal Pro
    June 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    If anyone decides to try to port this skin, please make sure to ask for permission for using graphics etc.

Good point!

Well if someone decides to port the skin, I am willing to help, but I dont have the strength to do it all on my own ;)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    @ Emph, I'm currently looking for a new direction to go in for my next MP skin... Perhaps a poll (incl. Aeon Stark) would be a good idea to "inspire the skinners here" :p, of course permission will be needed from the original XBMC authors ;)

Please also add Aeon Alaska to the poll. This is also an amazing skin.
    Alaska for XBMC

From usability point of view Alaska is not the best skin on earth :) Just look at the settings and album views. There the design goes over usability and user can see only the focused item properly and the rest of the items are requiring a focusing to see what they are. Pretty much the biggest usability flaw anyone can have in software.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    From usability point of view Alaska is not the best skin on earth

That may be but the episode view is ingenious:

alaska_tvshowseps.jpg

Regarding the permissions, it seems there is already a port for plex so I don't think there will be any problems (although I agree that permission of the author should be requested).

Users who are viewing this thread