XMLTV Idiot's guide please....hoping there is one!! (1 Viewer)

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    That would be an excellent solution, as mc2xml has a GUI, and is very easy to use. I tried it a couple of times, but dismissed it as the data grabbed was very limited.

wjw

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    If one were to contact the mc2xml developer(s), I'm sure they would consider any suggested modifications or improvements seriously.

I've dropped them an email. In the meantime I'm going to switch to the "official" grabber as it does currently give more info. I agree it's not the easiest to configure - but it's tedious rather than difficult.

wjw

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    I got a response this morning from the mc2xml developer, as follows:

"Hello,

The downloadable version of mc2xml now supports the total # of
    episodes from the SD JSON service and outputs it in the xmltv_ns tag.

The XML file format is not in any order so MediaPortal would need to
    distinguish xmltv_ns from dd_progid.

http://mc2xml.tk"

Very prompt action. Haven't tried yet - others may also want to try this out.

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    How exciting, thanks for that, I'll try it out this week!

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Had a quick go with my Argus TV set-up, and unfortunately the data is not showing, MP may be different.

wjw

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    You do need to remove the line containing "dd_progid" first. I found that this line always precedes the line that the MP xml importer uses, as shown here:

<programme start="20160627080500 +0100" stop="20160627083500 +0100" channel="I122.25117.schedulesdirect.org">
    <title lang="en">Rules of Engagement</title>
    <sub-title lang="en">Singing and Dancing</sub-title>
    <desc lang="en">When Timmy joins an "a cappella" group, he is keen to keep his new hobby a secret from Russell. Meanwhile, Jeff and Audrey discover that they have an annoying new neighbour.</desc>
    <credits>
    <director>Gail Mancuso</director>
    <actor>Patrick Warburton</actor>
    <actor>Megyn Price</actor>
    <actor>Oliver Hudson</actor>
    <actor>Bianca Kajlich</actor>
    <actor>David Spade</actor>
    <actor>Adhir Kalyan</actor>
    <writer>Tim Doyle</writer>
    <producer>Tom Hertz</producer>
    <producer>Jack Giarraputo</producer>
    <producer>Doug Robinson</producer>
    <producer>Andy Ackerman</producer>
    <guest>Wendi McLendon-Covey</guest>
    <guest>Tommy Snider</guest>
    <guest>Mark Saul</guest>
    <guest>Chris Titone</guest>
    <guest>Marco Assante</guest>
    <guest>Ryan Alvarez</guest>
    <guest>Payson Lewis</guest>
    <guest>Bruce Merkle</guest>
    <guest>Ryan Powers</guest>
    <guest>Joe Sofranko</guest>
    </credits>
    <date>20110207</date>
    <category lang="en">Sitcom</category>
    <length units="seconds">1320</length>
    <episode-num system="dd_progid">EP01288882.0063</episode-num>
    <episode-num system="xmltv_ns">4.14/24.</episode-num>
    <audio>
    <stereo>stereo</stereo>

(This was grabbed this morning with the new mc2xml). As mm135000 has said elsewhere, in this instance MP will ignore the line with the data we want. Remove that line and it works fine. You also need to note that the quality of the data is inconsistent. Sometimes SD have the data, others not.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @wjw
    @lisag is using ARGUS TV, which has a completely different XMLTV importer. The advice I've given to you only applies to MediaPortal's TV Server and XMLTV Import plugin; it does not apply to ARGUS TV, which I know little or nothing about.

@lisag
    I suggest you follow up on the ARGUS TV forum if you're still interested.

Users who are viewing this thread